Crafty Little Baggage!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Crafty Little Baggage!!

Post by Judy Fox »

I don't know whether I have mentioned it before but Milly absolutely adores our elder daughter Carolyn. :D When she visits it is a red-letter day for Milly Ching. She also loves to "have a little go" of Carolyn's car keys and she is allowed to carry them round for a bit.
Sometimes she tries to hide them. She will drop them into her pile of toys or take them and lie on them on her mat in the dining room. :roll: 8)
The other day Carolyn arrived and Milly was allowed the keys so she strutted about with them for a little while then we realised she had gone into the kitchen. We got up to see where she was and noticed the back door was open and Milly was standing in the middle of the garden looking all innocent.
We thought, "Hells, beels - where are the keys?!"
They could have been anywhere - we started to look for them and Milly watched us as we walked carefully round the garden - then she went back into the kitchen - I followed her and found her stood over their water bowl. she was not drinking but just standing there. I moved her away and there were the keys - in the water bowl. :shock:
What a crafty little baggage because which of us would have thought of looking there. It was only because she was standing there over it that I wondered and it is tucked away in a corner so not in direct line of vision. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chris

Post by chris »

Ha.. thats so funny. :-) Whats with the keys...? is there something on them that she fancies?
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Oh, that is just too funny. Water bowl I would have never thought. I actually thought you were gonna say she buried them I already had a mental picture of little holes everywhere trying to find them...
I know chows don't dig (except some puppies) but could not help the mental pic. :D
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

The Chows. Aren't they just the most adorable creatures? :D Maybe she thought they needed a wash. :roll:
I'll share one of Magda's escapades. Its a bit risque so I hope no one is offended by the mention of under things. :wink:
When I puppy-proofed my house I didn't think to move my pile of crafting fabrics in my guest bedroom. This is the stack of old pieces of clothing, etc. that I think might be useful for making sachets and for patching jeans, etc. I had just thrown a pair of my old, "holey" underpants there since the fabric was very nice. Of course they had been laundered before I put them in the stack. :oops: The other evening as I was changing from my work clothes Miss Magda was running, full speed up and down my upstairs hall, which is about 30 feet long. When I checked to see why she was having such a fabulous time I found she had my underpants in her mouth. :shock: Since she was not about to part with them they are now her underpants and everyday now when I'm changing she does the "running with underpants" ritual. She even takes them into her crate at night! :biggergrin:
Puppies - the things they think of doing!
Last edited by Tovya on Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

It's amazing the things that our babies think are prizes. I can just see them prancing around with the keys, let alone the run with the panties. :roll:
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

How funny!!! I swear Milly and Mabel know something that the rest of don't!! They are soooooooooo smart! It seems like they like to tease people a lot, didn't one of them hide something in their bed a few months ago that you told us about? I remember in that account, they just stood around smiling while you and Fred searched for the item. :D

It is totally hilarious what amuses them, from keys to underpants to hairballs! :roll:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I'll bet she was having a good laugh at all of you thinking she'd buried the keys when she really decided to wash them. She is very smart isn't she?
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Jingle Jangle Milly-poo! Good job! I'm sure Carolyn appreciated you washing them! Try and wash her cell phone, too...if she has one! Miss Lily
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Ah! Now that is another story. Mabel wants Carolyn's mobile phone - she reeeeeally wants it! I dread to think what she would do with it. :shock:
I don't know what it is about the keys. She has just always wanted them since she was a baby chowling. A car or two ago she wrecked the alarm activator! But Carolyn still gives them to her.
In fact, Carolyn made up a set of keys for her, all of her own and gave them to her one visit about two years ago. She likes them and they are buried deep in the pile of toys but she never carries them about. I think it is probably Carolyn's smell on them.
Yes, they do stand and watch us search for things and it was Fred's hearing aid they hid a while ago. :lol:
But the strangest thing was when they hid Fred's hearing aid the first time. I have told this before but for the benefit of the new members - he put his hearing aid on his bedside cabinet one night and the next morning could not find it. Milly must have taken it 'cos Mabel does not jump up on our bed. Well, we searched and searched the house then the garden then the house again and the garden again - for 6 weeks - and one day we were having a cup of tea and they both bumbled in and one of them (we don't know which) dropped it on the fireside rug and walked off then turned and stood and watched us. It was absolutely undamaged except that the battery was flat.
We don't know to this day what they did with it but they know! :roll: :wink:
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

When I come visit, I hope they don't dig into my purse and hide my air ticket back home! I know how sly two chows can be! Oh Zhu and PB would not be happy! :wink: I can't wait to meet the girls in person!
Sandie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sandie »

:D :D too cute!
Mommy to Storme, Beatle, Bailey and Mufassa aka Moose.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Had you thought of a mobile safe with a pin number - no keys!
But don't hold your breath Lou, they take a liking to the little things! :D
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

I think Milly is EXTREMELY clever.... the longer it takes Carolyn to find her keys, the longer she will be there with her. :D

I also think Magda should adopt the Native American name, "Running With Underpants".
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

:lol: I thought the same thing...Runs With Underpants...... 8-}
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
chris

Post by chris »

LMAO... Steel collects them. :?
arnis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arnis »

WoW, Kahn used to have a pair or two of underpants waiting for me in front of door when i came home from work. He took them right outta the Hamper, so i started to leave my jeans on top of lid as to weigh it down. it slowed way down after that... well, now that Kahn has moved on, i stopped leaving my jeans on top. and so yesturday i came home to couple socks lieing on living room floor. they are not chewed just laying there... its really embarrising when you bring company home... :oops: so, now i have to figure out who....Silvia....Jr....?
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Arnis, I say Jr. Like father, like son!

Judy.... NOTE TO LOU: Bring keyless mobile safe on trip. :postit-idea:

I was wondering, were the keys inside the waterbowl, in the water? If so, maybe there was a little experiment going on. We have a comedian here named David Letterman. He does a segment called "sink or swim". He dunks things in a tank full of water and asks the audience if the item will "sink" or "swim". Maybe Milly and Mabel have been up watching Letterman on the tele in the wee hours?
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Lou, the keys were indeed in the water and I suspect Milly Ching knew exactly what she was doing when she put them there. 8)
They were where none of us would have even considered looking - I only looked because Milly was not acting naturally just standing over the bowl with her tail down and half looking behind her to see, presumably, if we were coming to find her out!
Arnis, I also think JR.!!
All I can suggest is that you make sure your socks don't have holes in and if he graduates to your pants, make sure you keep them fairly new - don't let them get shabby - minimises the embarrassment!! :laughloud:
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

:lol: Oh, yes, the hearing aid!! How could I forget, I love these stories so much!!!

Lou, you are so lucky you get meet Milly and Mabel!!! :D I can imagine that Zhu and Miss PB would be upset if Milly or Mabel orchestrated a plot to keep you there! :wink:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Here are some pictures of Milly Ching and the keys! The first one is with Carolyn just as she arrived.
The second one in the front garden having "a little go" of them - look at the look of sheer happiness! :D
And the third one - she had strutted round to the back garden - to try and put them somewhere, we suspect! :lol:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Such a clever girl!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Judy,

Your 2 little "baggages" are always just too adorable.
They always make me smile.

Sharon
chris

Post by chris »

I love seeing pictures of them. :D
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

I want to know how you get those coats on them. Is that due to the cool air off the Channel or something else. A coat like that would give Benny heatstroke around here, but it sure is gorgeous.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Their coats are beautiful thank you Jerry, but at the moment they are a bit too thick - their summer moult has now happened as well as it usually has and we are having a bother getting their undercoats away on their tummies - they are going to the vets this coming week for a thorough check up so I will have a word with them .