Charlie the Homeless Chow, Before and After!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

JoeyKelly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Charlie the Homeless Chow, Before and After!

Post by JoeyKelly »

Well,
I told you guys about Charlie and created a topic regarding him and whether I should adopt him. He was found living on a neighbors porch after apparently what had been a long time living on the streets. I was told he was actually chained to a car in a nearby neighborhood for the entire winter last year by a family who I guess wanted him but didn't want the responsibility of taking him in before escaping and adopting a different neighbors porch where we later found him. Long story short, we took him in and have been caring for him extensively. It's been a few weeks and he's been neutered and to the groomer. He's getting along with Borscht (our other Chow) very well. He's so loving and wants to be held like a baby all the time! If we pet our little girl he comes running begging for attention as well. Taking Charlie in was one of the best decisions we've ever made.
Attachments
Charlie Before and After copy smaller.jpg
Charlie Before and After copy smaller.jpg (240.8 KiB) Viewed 6506 times
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: Charlie the Homeless Chow, Before and After!

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh bless him and you. He looks wonderful and I am sure he is so pleased to have been taken in by you. He deserves a home to live and be loved in - not a porch.
Well done little Charlie - now you be a good boy for your family. =D= =D= =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Chained to a car!?! I'm shocked.
I'm so pleased for Charlie that he has found you. He looks great and I hope you have many happy years together.
It is amazing that he is so affectionate when he has had such a terrible time. Give him some hugs from me x
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

He looks so happy ...Im so Glad you took him in...Its awesome he has a great home now and doesnt have to stay another winter outside...Im sorry to say this But people like that i would love to be in a locked room with for a few mintues..NO animal deserves to live like that....
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

That is the best news!!! Charlie is beautiful and will return your love many times over
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Charlie looks fantastic and Iam sure Charlie will be very Thankful on Thanksgiving day ( and everyday)to be inside with his new family and not on a cold porch alone!
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

That's so wonderful, we're all SO happy for Charlie!!!!!!!! I'm sure he'll be a constant and loving companion for the rest of his life...
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

Brings a tear to my eye. Big thumbs up for you, and hooray for Charlie!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

He does indeed look wonderful. You can see in his "before" picture that he has a sweet face and a "soft" eye. I'm glad he has found you and you him.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Your updated post made my day and brought happy tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. :) Thank you big time for taking him in and making him part of your family. He is a really handsome fellow! Charlie is probably thinking to himself “I’m a lucky dog, lucky dog, I’m a LUCKY DOG!”

Stories like Charlie’s life before you rescued him break my heart and make me so angry! Gr-r-r :-x

Yes!! Another furbaby has been rescued! \:D/ I’m doing a happy dance and Whitby is doing tail wags big time. I rescued her last December.

Enjoy him and keep us updated.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

What great news! Charlie is a beautiful boy, I am so glad you were able to take him and that he is fitting in so well. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

I'm on a business trip in Europe right now, sitting in a hotel room waiting for my next flight. Missing my Chowdren, reading Chow-stories and come accross this one. Can you imagine how I feel right now ?
I'm so angry with respect to people who just don't care. But then in the end somehow, they have enabled this happy ending.
Great boy, great new owner, I wish I could tell it my guys, they would be so happy, just because they would feel my happiness.
One more happy Chow in this world. \:D/
Best regards
Pinoy51
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

@ pinoy51: where in Europe?
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Just came from France, now in Germany, middle of next week Italy (Sicily) then back to Philippines.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

A true 'Happily Ever After' story. Congrats to you and your entire family, furry and otherwise!
JoeyKelly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JoeyKelly »

Thank you guys so much. I never knew that I'd love these guys so much. These were my first dogs ever, as I am pretty young and this has turned onto one of the most love filled experiences of my life! I took Charlie back to the ladies house where I had found him, and she began to cry, saying that he didn't look like the same dog. It's true, he does look totally different. He must have been on the streets for along time to get as matted as he was. Thanks again guys for you wonderfully kind words! We sing a song to Charlie all the time, it goes: "Charlie, Charlie, the wonderful homeless dog. Charlie, Charlie, the wonderful homeless dog..." He loves it, lol!