Good grief

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Good grief

Post by Sirchow »

I am sitting here working later than I should be ordering stuff for the shop and I have a chow on each side of me on the settee....they are both snoring so loud I can hardly contain my giggles and every now and then one of them snores so loudly they wake the other one up and they lift their head and glare over my laptop at the guilty party and then put their head down and carry on! The noise is indescribable but at least they are happy :lol:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: Good grief

Post by Judy Fox »

Chow chow snores are wonderful aren't they.
I remember when we first got Milly - she was 6 weeks old and we took her into our bedroom in a box lined with newspaper and a nice fluffy towel. She went to sleep and started to snore! She kept me awake for six weeks and I was just getting to the point where I told Fred I could not manage any more and I would have to move her to the kitchen to sleep - something I did not want to do - then one morning I woke up realising that I had actually gone to sleep! =D= From then on her snoring did not bother me at all and when Mabel arrived she joined Milly in her gentle snoring and I slept through it all. Same with Maisie and Matilda - they don't bother me at all. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I've only had one who really snored, that was Darkwind. All the others haven't snored but I can hear them breathe when they sleep and I miss it when I can't hear it.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

I only have mono snoring from Zoey. Stereo snoring must be a real treat! On very rare occasions Leo will wake up suddenly, point his nose straight up and let out a long wolf like howl, then go back to sleep. He must connect to his primal self while in deep sleep. @-)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

My golden doesn't snore but she just burped at me, not quite the same!!!! Little piggy ....Guess her new food isn't settling as it should!
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

My two snore fit to wake the dead and I find it comforting.
(Fozz also looks at me and burps very loudly after every meal - I look forward to it now! Of course, if it was a human I'd be disgusted!)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Funny how burping and snoring are not things we admire in our humans but they make me smile when its the furkids :)
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

My golden doesn't snore but she just burped at me, not quite the same!!!!
That reminds me of my old girl Baby, she would come up to me after every meal and give a big burp to say thank you for dinner! :lol:
Most of the time Cocoa doesn't snore but once in awhile she'll start rumbling away, and burping is only an occasional thing too.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

What I love the most is when I hear them start to dream. Most dogs only dream when they are truly comfortable and secure, so I always take it as a compliment. And Dreamdancer burbs too once in a while. He also still "kneeds" when he eats, his front paws flex and he sort of moves from one to the other, he even pauses in his eating to do it. It's quite cute and shows he's still a big puppy.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

OH ... my chowterus hurts. >>happy sigh<< Yes ... the snoring. How I love the snoring. I also love it when they're settling down and they "rearrange" their tongues in their mouths. Kimba used to do that three or four times. I could count on it (I miss her so!!) and see it in my head if the lights were all off. Both Leo and Max do it, along with the turning three or four times in a circle before flopping down on their elbows THUNK! and then their happy, long, full SIGH. Oh what a chorus!!! And talk about burps! I thought when they were pups they were just water burps and (because that happened just after they ate and drank water) ... I thought they would outgrow that, but NOPE! It like rolls up from their back toes all the way up to their ears! BrrrrrrraWWWWp! And then the stare afterwards, like they're saying, "What?"

Don't get me started on my rootin-tootin cowboy Max, either. He STILL has the toots from time to time. And like Siriol said, I would be horrified if I did it, but because it's Max we just chuckle. ((Of course, if Joe rips one off, we usually just blame Max ... "MAAAAAAX!!"))
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

You have said it all - can't add anything! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

You know what I love? Its the what I call the chow snuff lol
You know that like almost looks like a sneeze before they bark ...tee hee so cute!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Snoring grunting puffing sighing, I love it. Dreaming with baby woofs is so adorable.
Thank you Sweatpea
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Oh yes and the running during a dream! Love that too when they bark during a dream