The Great Treat Raid of '06

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

The Great Treat Raid of '06

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hi All! Special Dark here... Guess what happened in our apartment yesterday? I saw Daddy get a paper towel and he put some beef liver cubes in it and then folded the paper towel over. I watched very closely and then we went on about our lives. A few times, from different parts of the house he called me over, so I went over and once in a while I secured myself a treat! :D

Well, it got to be late so my Daddy jumped in the shower and my mommy messed around in the kitchen. I sat in the halway between them so i could keep an eye on both of them. Then Mommy finally went to bed, I satyed in the hall. When Daddy emerged from his shower he said to Mommy "I left the paper towel on the coffee table." Mommy said "oh oh, you'd better go get it before someone gets into it." A few minutes later Daddy gets back and says "too late." Mommy laughed and came out of the bedroom and found me sitting exactly in the same spot in teh hallway as when she was in kitchen. I watched them over to the crime scene over my shoulder. I made sure they could see the magical white parts of my eyes (jsut to make sure they thought I was innocent and oh so cute). :D

When Mommy got to the coffee table, Daddy pointed to the papertowel pristinly resting unfolded on the floor right next to the coffee table. Then Daddy pointed out the crumbs and teh little short black hairs all over the coffee table. I was still just sitting in the hallway. Mommy and Daddy laughed and looked at me. What? Who me? I looked up at them witha seriously cute expression on my face.

I'll never talk... :wink:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

My dear Special. You must remember, the humans are like puppies, and you must train them that everything they do has a consequence. Mine are particularly forgetful, and have to be shown that they need to pay attention. It is even more fun to play Eat the Ungaurded Treat when you have a brother or sister to show the whites of her eyes along with you!
chris

Post by chris »

=D= 8)

Nice work..

Chow ya later
Steel
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Wow....Gee...Our Mum is too eagle-eyed with the treats at our house. All the treats are in the pantry closet and she only gives out two at a time. :-x But we do have an enormous selection and we get to pick what we want - which is usually two of everything. :wink:
Mum did have to give up trying to stop us from eating each other's food. We don't understand the different between Senior formula and Puppy formula anyway. We're thinking that Chuy will get a little spring in his step from the Puppy food and I'll get some early help for my joints from the Glucosamin in his food. :D

Magda & Chuy
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I had the same problem with Pip and Lil. They ate each other's specialty food all the time. I was so happy when I put them both on the same Nutro.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Way to go, Special

your buddy JR
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Irish here... when mom realized I could open the treat cabinet she moved everything to the upper cabinets. Now if I cud just get that cat who lives w/ us to make himself useful & open that cabinet & throw us some treats, I'd slip him a morsel of our dogfood which he loves so much.

Special you are lucky that your parents forgot aboutthat treat. I loved the way you stayed in the same spot, you didn't look guilty in my eyes. As I was reading your story I was like well who got it? A mouse? Then I remembered that mom has smelled my breath before & it was a dead giveaway :evil:
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

He he! Thanks everyone! :D I was proud. I would've saved you all some, then we could all eat it on the carpet or on the plane...

Irish, I laughed so hard at your post. I should've said it was a mouse!!
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Stick w/ me Special I've got more up mypaw. I sometimes smell some things that come from daddy, I know they didn't come from me & he blames a frog. We don't have a frog?
Unless he's talking about my toy frog that sqeeks????
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

You Guys!!!! :lol:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Odd, we have a lelephant that lives under my pop's chair. He's hard to see, but he sure needs a bath, or sumthin'.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
chris

Post by chris »

Hey yeah.. know what your talken about... Has anyone every actualy seen the Elephant???? :?

Chow ya later

Steel
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Finda funny you can never see them.. how do they fit in such small spaces...
Sandie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sandie »

dad says we have frogs and elephants too but whenever we look under the chairs we can't find them, and we look under the cahirs alot! Them things sure do hide good!
Mommy to Storme, Beatle, Bailey and Mufassa aka Moose.