General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

dolphinlover
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Rescue

Post by dolphinlover »

Hello all!
I am located in Colorado, and have family in North Carolina. In which I would be able to travel and pick up our new family member. I would love some help in helping with a good rescue and/or adoption agency to finding a new member of the family. The last time I got a puppy she was from a private owner, but that was over 13 years ago and cannot find another person who is willing to part with chow chow. Our baby just past away and my granddaughter is having a hard dealing with her baby lion not being on this planet.

Thank you,
Carolyn
firedolphin58@yahoo.com
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: Chow Rescue

Post by Victory »

West Texas Chow Rescue
TLC chow rescue, (people who run it are on this site)
Chow chow rescue of Central New York

I have rescued my last three chows from West Texas chow rescue, I still have two of them, the other one passed away. they will ship them to you after they do an email and maybe phone interview.

Chow Chow Rescue of Central New York has chows fostered outside of New York. Great Rescue, they took in over 20 (I think it was) from a place last year, many of them were/are puppies, they still have a few of them.

TLC like I said are members of this site.

You can also check out the chows in need of a home on this site, or this one: http://www.mychowchow.net/forumdisplay. ... -Of-A-Home

The problem is many rescues won't send or allow adoptions outside of a certain milage limit. But I know that at least two of the ones I listed do.

Good luck, and remember many chows in rescues come to them in pretty nasty shape and have been shaved, so think of what the chow will look like after a few months of good food and love.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
dolphinlover
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Chow Rescue

Post by dolphinlover »

Thank you very much! My daughter doesn't mind the age but I am kinda partial to the puppies. Both of us love chows! Before Ariel past away we had to have her shaved due to her having to have some medical needs. We also had a mixed chow and he had medical issues, in which he was shaved like a lion. Thank you again so much! I will look into all 3