Yay! Cassie is a full pledged vermin hunter now!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Yay! Cassie is a full pledged vermin hunter now!

Post by Cam Atis »

Just thought I want to share the news. Today I learned from our househelp that last night around 9pm, the two - Cassie and Blue - have killed a rat, a big one. Blue flushes and blocks the rat everytime and Cassie went for the kill. Cassie flexed her muscles and ran after the rat also. Gladly they left it after it is dead.
So I am proud to say that she and Blue are now officially vermin hunters and they have something already up their sleeves.
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Yay! Cassie is a full pledged vermin hunter now!

Post by Hugo »

That's gross, but good. Congratulations, you must be a proud Mum!
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

I agree Hugo LOL. Hope all shots are up to date.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

LOL. I know it is somewhat gross! :D
Yes their anti rabies and dhlpp are up-to-date. Rats are known as carrier of rabies and leptospirosis and my pooches are doing us a favor by letting these vermins know not to scavenge the garbage (in a bag). They also provide excitement and some sort of a job for these pals of mine.
Cookie was an excellent vermin hunter and I wasnt expecting the same spirit from Cassie. Just today we are gardening and Blue and Cassie seemed to smell something in the garden compost sacks.
PowPow Power
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PowPow Power »

Cam, funny you mentioning this cause last week Powpow caught a rat too! He didnt kill it though as we got to it before he could bite to draw blood. My partner was soo worried that the rat might of had rabies. Powpow seemed to have enjoyed the whole thing, even barking at us when the rat was taken away lol. Luckily his had all his 5 in 1s and anti rabies shots.
Our beloved Chow, PowPow :D