General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

anybody else seen this.

Post by Victory »

I know this is the wrong section. But I'm wondering if anyone near Houston Texase can help this girl out.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19209 ... ndoned-her

She looks pretty much like a pure bred to me. Also to be that loyal when she's obviously not too well cared for. Appears friendly too.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Staceyvd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: anybody else seen this.

Post by Staceyvd »

This is SO sad!!! Those people don't deserve that dogs loyalty and love. They obviously didn't take care of her even before they left her. I really really want her. She's beautiful. I live all the way in Northern Ontario in Canada so it's pretty far and I don't have the money to spend to get her here. Breaks my heart.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Absolutely heart breaking to watch. How can people do such things??
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

That is just horrible, I don't understand how people can be so cruel.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Victory wrote:I know this is the wrong section.
No. This is the correct section, Victory. The "pray for the Philippines", the "video", "so sad" and a few more ARE in the wrong section :roll: We've been less one mod for a month and the General Section became the dump it section.

This story reminds me of "Bing's" story. Do you remember him? Susan Heard saved him and brought him up to Monica's rescue in Ontario. Then he found the best ever forever parents in Wayne & Renay.

If you use the search feature, you can find old members who live in the area and might be able to help get the darling to come to them.
haifinn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by haifinn »

aww poor baby :(

that just goes to show you how loyal chow chows really are.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Zhuyos mom wrote:
Victory wrote:I know this is the wrong section.
No. This is the correct section, Victory. The "pray for the Philippines", the "video", "so sad" and a few more ARE in the wrong section :roll: We've been less one mod for a month and the General Section became the dump it section.

This story reminds me of "Bing's" story. Do you remember him? Susan Heard saved him and brought him up to Monica's rescue in Ontario. Then he found the best ever forever parents in Wayne & Renay.

If you use the search feature, you can find old members who live in the area and might be able to help get the darling to come to them.
Yes, I remember Bing. I posted on the other site too, Butter's mom posted on Facebook, I'm hoping that Linda from WTCR can get her, or one of the fosters that work with her.
Thank you SweetPea!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

She is being rescued by a group called Jurasic Bark, they posted the following to the TV news link:

"Hi, I am Kellye the Director of Jurassic Bark Rescue, we were told about the Chow, Sheba last night and offered to provide a rescue, we were told it was not needed her new family was picking her up this morning. Well, they got stuck in traffic and Animal Control beat them to her. We were called immediately , we called the shelter and tagged her for rescue. We have been to the shelter and seen her, the pics are on FB , we have spoken to everyone at the shelter and we will be picking her up when her hold is up. In the meantime she will become current on all her shots and microchipped. I am told we are bing slammed for not acting quickly enough, but since we only found out about this last night AND were told that a family was taking her this a.m, I think we did our best. Instead of complaining about what we did wrong, let's look at what went right. This girl has a home and a rescue."

I certainly didn't slam them nor did I intend to, just wanted to see her safe and on the way to a new home. Now that she is, I'm happy.
Thank you SweetPea!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank god she is saved this was heartbreaking....I saw it on Fb and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I am so happy she is being rescued! Hope she gets a perfect forever home! Great job getting the story to the right people Victory!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

TY Victory. We watched the story and were trying to figure out how we could help from 2000 miles away. With no contact info or authority to contact, it was virtually impossible. Glad to see things are on the right track. Well done.