Chow Breeder ?

Post by Rory's Dad »

Anyone familiar with Intatto out of TX?
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow Breeder ?

Post by 612guy »

No I don't but I met someone who lives by me that has bought 3 chows from Rossy Shagoi-Chen chow chow kennel from Hungary. I read somewhere their nose pigment stays black on the cream chows longer but it's best to show them when they are young if is lightens up. Their last puppy is a female and is 7 months old and Brutus is a strong possibility in a year for stud service. They are very hairy chows and have great temperament as I have seen their 6 yr old and the puppy at a dog show, I have check out that web site for the one in Texas before because of the Rossy connection .

Brutus
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

I checked out the Intatto web site and their contracts for both pet and show dogs are over board and really are in Intatto best interest. What surprised me the most is if a dog that is bought for a pet fathers even by accident they are going to sue you for 3000 dollars for each puppy, plus you pay all legal fees. Then if you buy a show dog they retain breeding rights and can't be breed by buyer until it gets his CH title. Getting the CH seems a lot harder these days because not that many chows are showed compared to past years. Maybe it's just me but if I pay 2500 dollars for a dog I should be able to do as I want and without threat of being sued.

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Yes, i am with you on that. If i pay for rights, then i pay for rights. To be honest, i exchanged a few emails with them and really didnt like what i was hearing. As soon as i asked a few questions, they hinted that the dog was already selected and 'might be gone' if we didnt act immediately. I told them not to blow a sale, and go ahead with whomever had selected the pup. Got a nasty response to that.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I am just putting a little word in here. I would keep well clear of control freaks who want to contol what happens to a puppy after it leaves them. I put only one proviso in that respect in my contracts which was if the puppy became homeless at any point then it was to be returned to me or only rehomed with my approval.
On the subject of Rossy chows Izzies mate is a Rossy chow and what I know of Eva all point to her being a caring breeder who puts health high on the aggenda. Obviously I am not vouching for her but I do like her breeding and many of her chows come from a dog from the UK. It is a long way to bring a puppy though.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

Why not rescue one...there are so many that needs a Home..Our 2 chows are rescues...We got Kodi at 7 weeks old and Mia at 12 weeks old...we couldnt be happier with them...........
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I know a lot of people in the show world and the vast majority of them are conscientious, kind and knowledgeable. That being said, we have had show chows and pet chows and I don't care, I love them all. We personally do not show, but we belong to various clubs and go and cheer our friends on. Long story short, I do encourage you to consider a rescue. Saving a chow's life could be adding so much to your own...
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

chowchowdaddy wrote:I know a lot of people in the show world and the vast majority of them are conscientious, kind and knowledgeable. That being said, we have had show chows and pet chows and I don't care, I love them all. We personally do not show, but we belong to various clubs and go and cheer our friends on. Long story short, I do encourage you to consider a rescue. Saving a chow's life could be adding so much to your own...

I agree!!!!!! Its so nice knowing you saved a life.....
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

Rory's Dad,
Have you looked at GeeBee"s Chows out of Couch, Mo. You seem to be looking for the Rossy connection and they have a few dogs with Rossy parents. They do show and that's how I found them online. They have done quite well in the ring which got my attention. When most people try to find a breeder a lot are missed because many that show don't have to join the breeder list. All you have to google is Gwen Benz & chows.

Brutus