Gracie is scared of a cat

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Gracie is scared of a cat

Post by sweetpea »

Two nights ago Gracie got to meet a friends cat. The cat walked into the room, Gracie and Princess became excited of course, Gracie had this hugh smile and a look as if she was thinking oh boy, I get to have fun now. Princess knows the cat and the two are on friendly terms, but Gracie and the cat had never met. The cat walked right up to Gracie, looked at her then the cat growled at her and lifted a paw. Never swatted, didnt even touch Gracie. Well Gracie yelped and ran away sounding as if she was hurt! So guess what happened next? The cat chased Gracie behind the sofa and cornered her. Gracie was jumping at the back of the sofa trying to get on it from behind to get away from this cat. We finally had to take the cat into another room so Gracie could calm down.

So later on, me and Gracie were walking down the hallway, the cat jumped out in front of Gracie and growled! Gracie yelped and ran away once again sounding like she was hurt. Never in my life have I seen a cat purposely seek out a dog and introduce itself as king of the house. The cat has no claws, its never touched Gracie but Gracie knows this cat is in charge and she's terrified of him! I guess he decided he wasnt going to waste anytime with training a dog, just get right down to business. It worked. Gracie doesnt mess with the cat at all.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

He sounds like some cat!!
Poor little Gracie - never mind, she has learnt an important lesson. :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

Cabo is still trying to engage Jack but the sounds that Jack makes scare me. The deep growl under the bed at 2 in the morning wakes me up.
Mommy to Cabo
chris

Post by chris »

LMAO.. remember Steel's first cat? ;-)
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Funny story! Our beloved cat pinky was that way...king of the hosue and proud of it, may he rest in peace.
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Tiocy is like that. One time, when I still lived with my mom, she lives on a farm and has the mentality of "why fix the animals, the coyotes will just get them anyway" :roll: :shock: Anyway, Tiocy and two other cats had had litters all within a week. These cats were great and all the kittens were together and all the mamas would nurse whoever. It was neat. Anyway, our neighbor who lived across the creek from us had two great danes. SWEETEST dogs EVER. They would not have hurt a fly. Well, one day they decided to come visit on their own, without their owners. Two of the mama cats stayed with the kittens, kind of covering them and Tiocy went after them. Trust me, it was the most hilarious thing seeing my, then, 3 pound cat chasing two great danes down our driveway!!! Then she walked up slowly, chest out and proud.
Tiocy still reins as "Queen" in our house and EVERYONE knows it.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Samorrathis wrote:Funny story! Our beloved cat pinky was that way...king of the hosue and proud of it, may he rest in peace.
Ditto with Tuffy-bestest cat in the whole universe....(may he rest in peace).

edited to add:
Here's a pic of Tuffy and Kodi. Tuffy's giving Kodi the "you'd better be scared of me" look.

Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sweetpea »

lol, that picture made me laugh. Thats funny. Its is so funny to watch a cat chase after a dog, and really funny when its a dog thats suppose to be so tough and "dangerous". I'm always telling Gracie "YOUR A CHOW, YOUR SUPPOSE TO BE BRAVE!". She doesnt listen to me. She got so scared of that cat at one point she jumped up on my lap for me to protect her. :roll:
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Awwwww! Sweet Gracie!!

Chris, I told my friends about Steel's lovely account of his first kitty! :D

Cindy, I love that photo!
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

All the cats in our neighborhood are not scared of Willow at all. She'll growl, they growl and hiss back and she heads for the hills. . .
TiVo's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TiVo's Mom »

I wish one of my cats would stand its ground with TiVo. Only my youngest cat Elvis has attempted to leave the second story since TiVo arrived. He chases her every time she tries to set a paw on the first floor and she runs back up stairs where the other cats are watching from between the railings. We've had to put up a gate to keep TiVo from getting all the way to the second floor so that the cats know they are safe there. I hope some day this will all work out somehow.

Purplekisses - How is Tiocy doing?
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

My sister's dogs were well trained by a cat. When they were pups they were very curious about the cat. However, when they got close, the cat would put a claw in their nose. :shock: After a couple of times, those dogs had the fear of god anytime the cat came near. When this cat died and my sister got another, that same fear carried over to the new cat until the dogs figured out that he didn't have claws. :? :lol: