Rory to Breed Win past weekend

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Rory to Breed Win past weekend

Post by Rory's Dad »

Beat 4 dogs on Saturday. 2 other male Chows for 1 AKC point. Same dogs were registered for Sunday, but the owners opted not to show them. Rory really hammed it up for the Breed Judge. Still young and it kinda showed in the Group competition, but he still had a succesful weekend. Not the best pics, we had to hide so as to not distract him.
Waiting for the poodles to clear the room...
Waiting for the poodles to clear the room...
P1000252 (2).jpg (140.12 KiB) Viewed 5980 times
Showtime...
Showtime...
P1000324 (2).jpg (129.01 KiB) Viewed 5980 times
Zhuyos mom

Re: Rory to Breed Win past weekend

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Butt shots work! Congratulations to you and Rory!
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

My congratulations to you, the handler and to Rory. Glad to hear good news and hope Rory will go on beating others in the days to come
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Well done Rory I'm sure you will have quite a collection of rosettes from this lovely boy in the years to come. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
MissV
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MissV »

aaaah! Rory looks so awesome!!!! You're so lucky!

on another hand: how come some people chose to show thier dogs? Is it for breeding purposes? Isnt it stressful for the dog and the owners?? I dont know much about showing dogs...
Pure is the heart of an animal - Evil is the heart of man...
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

To a proud Chow Dad Congrats to you both.. Rory looks great even from behind.. LOL
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PCC »

Congrats!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Way to go Rory! =D= Your dad must be so proud of you. And the pictures are adorable even if we can't see your face.
Clovers_Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Clovers_Mom »

Congrat's !!!
So glad to hear of the success!!

Best,
Shannon & Clover
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

He did great but the best is still to come. Soon his adult fur will start coming in and you will enjoy that. You guys are certainly doing it right with picking one of the best handlers. What most people don't understand is showing a chow with 2500 dogs and about that many people is one of the best thing for any dogs but especially for chows. Please keep us all updated on his campaign.

Brutus
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Congratulations Rory =D= =D= =D=
Thank you Sweatpea
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Thank you all for your encouragement and responses...apologies for the butt shots, but since this was Rory's 1st outing, we had to hang back so as to not distract Rory from his handler.

You have the right thinking 612, we believe Rory has the right stuff to show, but have always felt that this a great socialization exercise for him and the training is the absolute best he can receive.

MissV...we are hoping Rory is a good enough standard for the breed to earn his AKC CH designation. That would improve his breeding value, but really are thinking its the experience. He enters a show with 1200 or more other dogs and is exposed to all sorts of dogs while walking on the leash through the show...really kind of funny how danes, mastiffs, poodles, and dobies all just kind of step aside when a confident chow walks through...they literally split the aisle. The behavior of all the dogs is amazing, very little confrontation, and just general acceptance of each other. We were a bit worried about showing, this is our 3rd chow, but the 1st in this environment. You get a sense of whether or not the dog is enjoying it, and we look for that. Rory is an absolute ham...1st time in he approached the judge, wagged his entire rear end, and reared up into his 'pretty' position, licking the judges hand. He is not thrilled with the inspection of his 'boy parts', but tolerates it well. As I said, this is part of our socialization plan for Rory. Absolutely agree that if he stresses or seems out of his element, we would not continue with this. He seems to have developed a second family with the handlers and reacts well though.

Absolutely so proud of him...the breeders developed a beautiful dog and his temperment is so sweet, love that most of all.

We did just get some photos from a photographer at the show...way better than my butt shots, so i post those.

Hoping for another good weekend starting the 19th, 3 separate club shows, and we already know that at least a couple of the entries already have the CH designation.
Attachments
Trap Falls KC-1739 (ZF-7761-13327-1-003) (2).jpg
Trap Falls KC-1739 (ZF-7761-13327-1-003) (2).jpg (70.04 KiB) Viewed 5917 times
Eastway's Ruaidhri Of Mansfield-2 (ZF-7761-13327-1-001) (2).jpg
Eastway's Ruaidhri Of Mansfield-2 (ZF-7761-13327-1-001) (2).jpg (49.68 KiB) Viewed 5917 times
Eastway's Ruaidhri Of Mansfield-8 (ZF-7761-13327-1-005) (2).jpg
Eastway's Ruaidhri Of Mansfield-8 (ZF-7761-13327-1-005) (2).jpg (43.78 KiB) Viewed 5917 times
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Stunning!
Thank you Sweatpea
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Beautiful, and judging by that smile it looks like he's having the time of his life!
Clovers_Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Clovers_Mom »

I dont think that I have actually seen a picture of Rory until Now- He is a beautiful pup!
Looks like he could be Clovers cousin! ha.. ! (Clover could be so lucky ;-)
It's so great that from what you said, and by the pictures he looks like he is having a blast - awesome!
Enjoy~
Shannon & Clover
Cherryblue
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cherryblue »

Wow, Rory looks great, congratulations!
I'm so pleased he's enjoying shows! I took Frankie to his second ever show last October & he was enjoying it so much he wagged his tail the entire time, and nudged the judge for cuddles! Luckily she laughed and said she liked a dog with personality...and even placed him first in both Novice and Postgrad :)
I think Rory will become a great champion, a chow who enjoys himself in the ring & looks as stunning as he does can't fail to!
Best of luck to Rory for his future campaigns! x
Mum to Frankie (Kawanna Blue Thunder at Denrob) and Tiger (Bojinghai Tiger Lily Amongst Cherryblue)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

He is very stunning! A beautiful boy. I love his big open eyes, open face, his conformation is very, very good. And yes he looks like he's excited and enjoying himself. Congrats on the win and I know he'll be a champion soon. Again beautiful boy!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!