So Excited

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

So Excited

Post by Sirchow »

Yesterday Izzie had a scan and we saw two, possibly three puppies and that means there are most likely about four or five in total...I have dreamt that she had five, three times now so we shall see. She is just over four weeks on now and puppies should be due at the begining of May. I am really excited and a bit scared cos I never had puppies before and neither has Izzie. She seems totally unfazed as she stood on the table with the whole staff of the vets (about a dozen people) crowded round all oohing and ahhing at the scan. One of the puppies had a big white heart shaped halo round it on the screen which the vet and nurses said they had never seen before :x
We had all her health tests back as good and her boyfriends has had his tests done and much time was spent pouring over pedigrees and bloodlines and colours and health. It took me nearly a year to find a suitable husband for her and it was a responsibility I took very seriously. If anything should be wrong with any of the puppies at any time I need to know I took everything into account and could have done no more.
I am so proud of my girl and her steady character and the way she went off happily with the vet yesterday without looking back. They all love her and her boyfriend is also the loveliest nature. When he met Izzie he spent ages wooing her and giving her the gentlest little kisses round her eyes. He is a sweet boy and I hope he passes on all his good qualities to the babies. They could be Black, cream or shaded red but I honestly dont care I just want happy, healthy fit and well puppies.
The next five weeks are going to be soooooo l-o-n-g............ :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: So Excited

Post by chowpups »

Iam so excited too.. Auntie Nancy is hoping all goes well and there are lots of little Izzies running through the house keeping everyone busy.. Bramble Iam sure will be a big Sister helper too..
Redalbi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redalbi »

That is so exciting, if I had known would have waited for one of your wee pups. Cant wait to see them x
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Chowbabies!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Congratulations! I am very much amused to read your post. It's like reading a first time father seeing the ultrasound of his firstborn.
We usually dont endulge in that kind of procedure (scan) in my poor country and the vets here have not much income except for necessities like vaccines, caesarian and related stuff mostly emergencies. :-)
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

I didn't know you were breeding her! Congratulations! I'm sure they'll be just fine and just as beautiful as their mum.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you all. I can see her little tummy tonight it is suddenly begining to grow. I cant quite believe the miracle that allows those perfect little chowlettes that we love and cherish to grow inside my Izzie. I know I sound all soppy but I look at her and I feel quite overcome with amazement and emotion that she will produce perfect (I hope) little puppies in just five weeks. =D=
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

It is pretty amazing. And shocking how it can happen so quickly when it takes us 9 months to grow a baby inside us. I really am so excited for you , she is going to make an amazing chow mummy. I hope you get lots of chow babies. Wish I could have one :)
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

>>Sigh<< I know Leo and Max are still puppies but I get that longing feeling when I think/see puppies. How grand it will be for you, Siriol! I pray Izzie will be safe during her time and all the chowdren and fine and strong. What joy is in store for you!! Hugs from the Martins to Izzie, Brambles and to you!! ((and of course a couple purple kisses thrown in for good measure!!))
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

My birthday is the third of May, so if Ms Iz is accomodating...lol. Count exactly 63 days from breeding, they don't vary much from that. The guessing usually comes from love encounters over a few days...
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

There shouldn't be any guessing this time as we had a fantastic blood test that pinpointed the optimum time for mating in a 24 hour window. I will post pics for you Auddymay as a birthday present if it happens in time. I can imagine there will be a lot of pics and no time for posting for a while but I'll do my best :D
Marti it is sad how quickly they go from squirming little fluff balls to long legged teens but at least I will get an extra few weeks to enjoy the fluff ball stage if I can stay awake lol.
Becki....one day :)
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Auddymay wrote:My birthday is the third of May, so if Ms Iz is accomodating...lol. Count exactly 63 days from breeding, they don't vary much from that. The guessing usually comes from love encounters over a few days...

All the best people are born on the 3rd of may! (my birthday too lol)
Thank you Sweatpea
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Good luck. Please post photos!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Izzie has been given her orders 3rd of May it is lol
She is begining to get quite matronly with her tummy getting a little more saggy and her bottom wiggle - she is so cute sasheying her way round the house :D
There will be no shortage of pics dont worry :)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I didn't know you were breeding her. Looks like you did it right. Congrats and I will be thinking of Izzy and the little ones to come and keeping them in my thoughts. Oh and some of us were born on May 4th so that's a special day too!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!