"Almost a Scatter Rug"

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

"Almost a Scatter Rug"

Post by reddog »

Whitby almost became a red, furry scatter rug last night. I have a 6' x 12' walk-in closet in my bedroom. I have a habit of not turning on the light when I get ready for bed since I know where everything is in my closet. Last night I walked into the closet and started to get ready for bed. I happened to notice a shadow on the floor and thought something must have fallen off of a hanger. I'm so glad I decided to turn the light on before I walked to the other end of the closet. You guessed it - Whitby had discovered my closet and decided to take a snooze. It I hadn't turned on the light I would have tripped over her.That would have been a rude awakening. :roll:

I heard my first robin this morning. Yes!

Thank Spring!
Last edited by reddog on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: "Almost a Scatter Rug"

Post by Ursa's daddy »

You should try that with black dogs. As long as my two decide to stay on their mats, or the normal mat location in the summer (we take the mats up when the weather is warm since they don't use them), I can walk around the bedroom without a light. But, as often happens, they decide to move during the night. I have learned to slide my feet along to keep from being surprised.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

This is one of the reasons that I always enfource the "alpha's right of free passage rule" Firesong is black and can't be seen in the dark period, and Dreamdance is the exact same color as the floor right now, (except for the top of his tail) in the dark they are both difficult to see or invisible. I don't pick me feet up very high anyway, but if I bump into them because they haven't moved, they get growled at and reminded that when I walk they move.

My Dad tripped over MingToy in the dark, fell and hit his face just right that he ended up losing an eye, he had some problems with his balance true but that happens as you get older sometimes. This is the reason I am SO insistent on this behavior on their part.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I'm jealous of your large walk in closet! :D

P.S. My mother was very nearsighted, and one time when I was still living at home, she was walking around in the bedroom without her glasses on talking to something. I asked her who she was talking to, and she said she was talking to Dusty, her pomeranian. But I saw the pomeranian laying in the living room. My Mom still insisted she was talking to Dusty. I went in there and she was talking to her bedroom slipper, which was about the same color as her pomeranian!

So never walk around without your glasses or without the lights on if there are critters present! :lol:
Brandon's Mom - even now that he's at the Bridge.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Yvonne wrote:I'm jealous of your large walk in closet! :D

P.S. My mother was very nearsighted, and one time when I was still living at home, she was walking around in the bedroom without her glasses on talking to something. I asked her who she was talking to, and she said she was talking to Dusty, her pomeranian. But I saw the pomeranian laying in the living room. My Mom still insisted she was talking to Dusty. I went in there and she was talking to her bedroom slipper, which was about the same color as her pomeranian!

So never walk around without your glasses or without the lights on if there are critters present! :lol:
:D :D :D OMG! that is too funny!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Well, I about fell over Malachi last night, and I remembered Victory said
if I bump into them because they haven't moved, they get growled at and reminded that when I walk they move.
So I yelled at Malachi "look at me", and he looked up at me with those brown eyes and.......well, I could not get mad at him. I know that wasn't the right thing, but we will just have to work on the move thing.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi Victory,

It really upset me when I read about your poor father tripping over MingToy in the dark and loosing his eye as a result of it. How Awful :( I hope he is doing OK.

Take care
Pam

Hi Yvonne,

I loved your story about your mom thinking her bedroom slipper was her dog. :lol: I recently saw a commercial similiar to that on tv. I think it was for a vision center. It starts out with a lady outside in her bathrobe at night. She is trying to shoo a raccoon into her home - thinking it is her cat.

The 6' x 12' closet is nice and it even has an old leaded glass textured window. in it. It was originally a bedroom when we bought the house. Imagine a bedroom that size - it had a single bed, a chest of drawers and a small rack to hang clothes on. Our bedroom just had a clothes-press in it. Since the little bedroom butted up against ours, we sealed up the hall doorway into it and opend up the wall between the 2 bedrooms. Walking in the closet is like walking in a train car from one end to the other. It has plenys of hanging space, an armoire, a twirl-top piano stool and even a white wicker rocker. (say that last item 3 times :lol: ).

It's snowing here today - but I'm still thinking Spring

Pam