hello everyone

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Pumpkinsmom

hello everyone

Post by Pumpkinsmom »

Okay, I just typed a rather long post and somehow it got lost or sent or I don't know what, so my apologies if it's out there somewhere!

So many new faces and new chows here! I used to post regularly before my Pumpkin (five year old red chow) passed away in the fall. Thought I would stop in and say hi.

The posts about chows and swimming made me laugh. Ms. Pumpkin detested the water. We used to walk an old hiking trail which followed a river. It was a tough choice for her having to decide to brave the water to reach the ducks (or "snacks" as she thought of them). In the end, she was never brave enough, silly girl :)

Judy, Roxana, Jeff, Lou and everyone else, hope your chow babies are all doing well. I'm getting ready to move to the UK in a few weeks, which is a bit daunting. Once settled, I may start looking for another chow. My email address is jojochiquis@yahoo.com, I'd love to hear how your chows are doing. Judy - it would be great to talk to you about where you got M&M, and I'd love to be able to meet them once I move.

I hope all of you and your chows are doing well, please give your chow babies extra hugs and kisses. I miss HRH Princess Pumpkin desperately and wish I could have given her more hugs and kisses.

cheers,
joanna
kingalls

Hello Joanna

Post by kingalls »

Hi,
So good to hear from you again - I hope that Judy & Fred can assist you with finding a Chow across the pond. We often think of Pumpkin and her antics and wonder what she's been up to on the other side of the bridge :lol:

Take care,
Karen
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Joanna,
Lovely to hear from you. And most certainly you are most welcome to visit when you arrive on The Island. I am sure Milly and Mabel will recognise you as Pumpkin's Mum.
Talking about Pumpkin, when I first start reading your post, I noticed you had put Ms. Pumpkin and I was going to take you to task about that - Pumpkin was always H.R.H. or Princess. To the new ones on the site who don't know the tales of Pumpkin, Pumpkin was the Chow with the biggest attitude - matched only by Jeff's Pekoe! I thought Milly had attitude until I heard of Pumpkin and Pekoe then I had to concede the joint title of Queen of Attitude to them. However, Milly comes a close second! :lol:

Anyway, further down in your post, you referred to H.R.H. so all is ok. :roll:

I will writed to you privately and look forward to meeting you. As far as M & M's breeder is concerned, she is no longer breeding - over the last 18 months or so she has lost her husband and four chows, one of them being Milly and Mabel's mother, Lizzie. She only has 3 chows now and is no longer breeding. However, M & M's sire's people will probably know of chows - don't worry, we will find a chow for you. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hi Joanna!

Funny you posted! I just wrote to Joe and recalled HRH Pumpkin's taking her blanket into the closet whenever she was miffed at you! His Mai Tai is doing something real cute with her blanket.

You also have safe travels and keep in touch!

My two send you lots of purple kisses!

xo's,