Missing TiVo

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TiVo's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Missing TiVo

Post by TiVo's Mom »

We took TiVo to the vet for his neutering yesterday morning and don't get to pick him up until 3:00 this afternoon. Boy is the house quiet. When the vet called to check in with us yesterday afternoon he said he came out of the anesthesia wide awake and was "singing" to them and they were all getting a kick out of it, so he was getting checked on a lot. I'm off for a 5 day weekend (Yeah!) so without the early morning puppy call I got to sleep in, but it's just too quiet around here. I can't wait to pick the fuzz ball up. Next weekend we start obedience training. That should be an experience.
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Hang in there, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
BTW, did they say he was singing soprano? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Aw!!! When we had Special neutered, he didn't have to stay overnight, but taht day he was gone was just too quiet for me, I couldn't wait to have him home. I was so anxious and pacing and stuff. I can't imagine how hard it must be overnight. It's almost three though!! Hurray!! I hoep you have a great 5 day weekend. And good luck with obedience training, that'll be fun. I'm sure TiVo will be a star!
Sandie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sandie »

:shock: soprano...lol :D too funny.

glad everything is ok. It'll be time to pick him up soon.
Mommy to Storme, Beatle, Bailey and Mufassa aka Moose.
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

I'm glad it went well!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow night for a 5 day vacation and leaving my hubby and Cabo home together.

I already miss my little guy!
Mommy to Cabo
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Glad everything went well. :D
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The 'fixing' is a right of passage around here! Last summer was stories of that season's new arrivals, followed by this phase... Puppies are so very special...they warm your heart and wear you down, all in one fell swoop.
TiVo's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TiVo's Mom »

He's baaaack! I just got him home. Yes, he was singing soprano! I couldn't believe it when I got there and heard him. He never does that at at home. They gave him a bath and he's all soft, fluffy and adorable. They said he behaved very well and has a great attitude. The vet tech did say that he growled once or twice and backed up when someone approached the kennel but once they opened it he was fine. He was very happy to see me which made me feel good. I wasn't sure. Our shepherd-mix is always so happy and grateful when you pick him up at the vet but our mal was at home with anyone. So anyway, he's home and taking a nap in his crate right now. They didn't send him home with an e-collar and he's been licking the stitches so I've got to keep an eye on that plus no jumping, stairs or running for 5 days (they know he's a puppy, right?)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Glad he is home and you are feeling better :) I would have hated to have had to leave Milly or Mabel overnight. Fortunately, when they had their operations, they were done first thing in the morning and we were able to pick them up at about 4.00 p.m.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Yay!! I'm glad everything went well. They gave him a bath???? Oh my gosh, some of you have dream vets! :D
I fogot about the licking an minimal activity--I remembering thiinking the same thing--no running, stairs or jumping, yeah right! :D

I'm glad you guys are reunited!