Albertz is away to rainbow bridge

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Redalbi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Albertz is away to rainbow bridge

Post by Redalbi »

Today I had to take Albertz on one last journey. His quality of life was getting less and he seemed unhappy. Tried various different drugs but unfortunately his back legs were really bad to the point he struggled to get up even in the house trying to get his water. I have made the appointment several times but cancelled but in my heart knew time was right.

For him it was a very peaceful end and he just fell back into my arms and just looked like he was sleeping, leaving him was one of the hardest things have ever done.

I know it was right and the vet agreed but really wish had not had to do it. At just under 11 feel he is just too young to have left.

The house is so empty and sad without him. Feel like my heart is broken, miss him so much

Albertz RIP my precious gorgeous boy x
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Albertz is away to rainbow bridge

Post by cherriemater »

Red ... as tear fill my eyes I wish I were there to give you a hug. So, I'll send one to you {\o/} and hope that you can feel the warmth of warm memories of good times with Albertz. I cannot even begin to imagine how painful a decision that was for you. But the fact that you agonized over it time and time again only serves to prove you were devoted to Albertz and his best. Thank you for being so kind to him and I'm glad you were there to usher him over the Rainbow Bridge. Hopefully he and Kimba can have some zoomies.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

There is nothing I can say to make things better. Just know that in your heart you did the right thing for Albertz and now he can run free without pain. Hugs!
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

I'm so sorry for your loss. /hugs
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

You followed your heart and did what was right for Albertz and he is pain free. RIP Albertz.
I am so sorry for you pain and loss. It is so hard to say goodbye.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

I feel your pain as we put our 11year old down last week "Duff" . It will get better and as the days go on you will only remember the good things. Stay occupied and do your best not to dwell on the sad events. Poor Albertz and may he run with Duff Duff were ever they are.

Steve
RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
Redalbi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redalbi »

had a really bad first nite without albertz. Feel so guilty thinking maybe could have kept him longer. Was it to soon to let go this is haunting me x
tabate45
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tabate45 »

It's been 1 year ago today that my Tasha had to be put down, so I feel you pain. Then I look over at the big boy that was born a few days later and we adopted in Jan. and have to smile. He has brought us such joy. Your Albertz will be with you always and guide you to your new companion, just like my girl!
oceans
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oceans »

I am so sorry for your loss. Memories are everything and you will have them forever. Hopefully Albertz will meet up with my Nellie and Isabella and run zoomies together.
oceans
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oceans »

Swerve wrote:I feel your pain as we put our 11year old down last week "Duff" . It will get better and as the days go on you will only remember the good things. Stay occupied and do your best not to dwell on the sad events. Poor Albertz and may he run with Duff Duff were ever they are.

Steve
Swerve- I am sorry for your loss of "duff,duff", yes 11 is to young. May he also meet up with Nellie and Isabella and run zoomies. Take care.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Redalbi ... I sent you a PM. One day at a time. I know your heart is heavy but give yourself one day, and then another. Then, one day the heartsickness will be filled with all those good memories and your heart will be smiling knowing the Albertz is in a good place. {\o/} Hugs to you.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I understand your pain.. Its a very hard decision. I too have just recently had to make this decision. I hope we all find happiness soon in our hearts. You did what you had to for Albertz peace.
Time will help heal I know..
Rest in peace Albertz and hope you meet up with Nikki..
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

No words can make this better for you right now, I know.

I will say that I have questions on whether I kept my boy here too long when I should have let him go sooner. My situation is a little different because my boy quietly fell asleep - I got spared from walking him to the Bridge, but I sometimes wonder if I should have walked him to the Bridge sooner. Like you, I believe I made the right decisions for him and if I had it to do over, I wouldn't change them. I'm just saying that it's normal to question ourselves both ways. I think we just love our chowkids so much and want what is best for them so badly, that we can't help but question the choices we make for them since we take it so serously.

I think you just have to trust that the love you and Albertz had for each other pointed your heart in the right direction. And I hope that the love Brandon and I had for each other helped me make the right choices for him. But that doesn't make it hurt any less, I know.

Yvonne
Redalbi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redalbi »

Dear cherriemater

Thanks for taking the time to send me PM, I appreciate how emotional this was for you and want to thank you for thinking of me. What happened was an accident and I hope that time has healed your pain.

It is so comforting how chow owners all help each other through the good and bad times. It makes us all feel less alone. Also makes me realise all the amazing chow friends that Albertz has up on Rainbow bridge.

Hugs
Redalbi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redalbi »

Thanks you Yvonne for taking the time to talk about Brandon and how you felt. It helps to know we are all in this together. Our boys will be having great fun up on Rainbow bridge.

I am hoping through time things will get easier. I think you are right and I do think heart did get pointed in right direction.

Take care
Redalbi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Redalbi »

Hi Steve

Things are really raw with you too having just lost Duff Duff. I know time is a healer and trying to keep busy but as you know is very difficult. We just love them too much. Hope they are having a ball though with all the chow friends who are there with them.
Thank you for your kind words and understanding

Karen