Musical Talent!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Musical Talent!!

Post by Judy Fox »

Matilda and Maisie are musically talented - according to my daughter. :)

When Matilda was a little baby chowling I started singing to her "Where's my Tilda gone, little Tilda Fox........." etc. Perhaps you know the song "Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep" which has the chorus I think "Where's your mama gone................." etc. You get the idea!

Well Tilly loved it and would come in from wherever she was and wag and wriggle with pleasure. When Maisie came to live with us she was only 5 months old so of course I sang the song for her and she would come wagging in - all thrilled and kissy-kissy. As they got older they got less excited about it but would still wag their tails when I sang - indeed I still do and Fred joins me! :roll:

The other morning they were in the garden and I was pottering around the sitting room and suddenly the song came onto the radio. Both girls rushed in all waggy and excited and looked up at the speakers. Just made me laugh.

Anyway, when I told Rhiannon she was very amused then she commented that they were very clever to transpose it mentally into a different key and into a different tempo as I sing it lower and slower.

So I just thought I would share with you all the previously un-recognised talent of my beautiful girls. :D
Mabel remains indifferent. :wink:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Musical Talent!!

Post by LEO's mum »

What clever girls they are! To know the tune out of the radio is just great! I don't think my LEO's up to it. Tho I do sing her her theme, myself.....

:-oo O' LEO LEO LEO LE :-oo
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

He heee :lol: That is so clever.
Mine get a little anxious when I sing but then if you ever heard me sing you would too. :laughloud:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Mabel remains indifferent.
Ahhh, yes, the typical chow response ... very cat-like. Thanks for sharing that story. I LOVE it!!! =D=
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Well it's no wonder Mabel is indifferent! That is not her song. Try the old Chuck Berry/Jerry Lee Lewis song...

Maybelline why can't you be true, oh Maybelline why can't you be true,

You've started back doin' the things you used to do...

Cute story, Jude!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Glad you all enjoyed that - and also that you recognised the talent the squirts are showing!! \:D/

However, Audrey - I got a lump in my throat when I read your post - Mabel has started back doing the things she used to do. :) She almost gave up the will to live when Milly ching died but these two girlies have shaken her up and she loves them. They love her too.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I love reading your girls' stories and how chilled and loving they are together. You are an inspiration to us on how three girls can live in harmony. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.