A quick hello

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

A quick hello

Post by WildThings »

I "stopped by" to post two puppies in the "Chows needing a home" section and thought I would say a quick hi as well. I'm not sure how many will remember me, it's been a very long time since I've been on the board. It's been a very busy few years. Fiona is still doing great. I have TLC Chows friended on Facebook so they can still see pictures of her. She's come such a long way in the last four years. While still afraid of so many things, she's happy, well-behaved and my baby. Tess passed away in February after a brief battle with cancer. She was almost 13, but none of us where prepared or ready for it. We all still miss her, but so thankful to have had her for the 12 years we did. My mom and dad have gotten a new puppy since. There new girl is a chow mix...mixed with what, we still don't know. At 8 weeks old, she looked so much like a chow puppy, but the older she gets, the more her mix comes out. She's getting leggy, and a long nose. I guess we will just have to wait until she's an adult to see what she else she looks like. She LOVES Fiona. The feeling is almost mutual. She walks around my mom and dad's house attached to Fiona's mane. Tess and Fiona loved each other but never played (Tess wasn't a playing kind of chow). Fiona and Claire (the new puppy) play all the time, I think Fiona likes having a dog to play with.

Well, that's my update for now. Hope everyone, people and chows are doing well. Hopefully I'll have more time soon to actually catch up a little better.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: A quick hello

Post by Victory »

Funny, I was just thinking the other day that it's been a while since we've heard from you. I remember you very well. Good to know that Fiona is doing great. And I'm sorry to hear about Tess, but she had a good long life with a family that loved her very much. It's great to hear from you again, don't be such a stranger. :D
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

It's great to hear from you Amanda! I definitely remember you! :) I'm glad Fiona is doing so well! And I'm so sorry to hear about Tess. :( So hard losing them no matter how long they've been with with us. But congratulations on the new puppy! :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Of course I remember you...how could I not? The Troggs play in my head when I see your name! Also, I will always remember the photo of Tess being a perfect black Lion-looking chow statue on your porch. And the ever so furry Fi, who was rescued from the south. If ever there was an animal ready for an Ohio winter, it is her. It is nice to hear from you again!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I remember you, too! It's been awhile. I have been away a lot, too. My husband has lung cancer, and the whole summer has been spent going to the hospital for treatments/appointments. It's great to hear from you!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand