Happy Chow Chow Home ready to adopt

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Happy Chow Chow Home ready to adopt

Post by cherriemater »

Greetings. Posted in the Memorial's Section of ChowChow .org you can read a bit more about us. We lost Kimba 06/03/2011 and need to fill our loving home with two fluffy little guys who need a warm, happy place to live. If you know of a couple little guys here in Michigan ... please let us know. Great climate for doggies who love a colder place to scurry in the snow. Thanks for reading and any assistance you can offer. Joe and Marti Martin
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
jwilson92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Happy Chow Chow Home ready to adopt

Post by jwilson92 »

Please call me asap 314-374-0273. I just rescued 2 chow puppies from a shelter, male and female siblings, about 10-11 weeks old. I am fostering them for a large all breed rescue group. We have a couple of applications on the male, but I would love for them to get adopted together.

Julie Wilson
Franklin, TN
eustaciamoore
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eustaciamoore »

I have a one year old black chow who is a female and her name is Bella. She came from Arkansas over a year ago when my husband at the time had bought her for me. She gets along great with my children ages 2 and 3 and great with people that she knows. It does take her awhile to get to know someone, but generally I give that person a treat and she eventually does warm up to them. She is a great dog. She is current on all shots and I never did get to have her spayed, but my husband left me and my kids and I am forced to sell my house and get an apartment. I would really like it if she could get a good home b/c she is like one of my kids and I dearly love her. Please respond if you are interested. I also would prefer that the person taking her would have her spayed due to the fact that I think she would become mean if she had puppies and I really don't want her used for breeding purposes. She does have papers also.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Thanks for the reply, Eustacia ... I sent you a PM. Sorry for the delay in responding (the gardens coming in and I've been stuck in the kitchen canning). Hope to hear from you soon.
eustaciamoore
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eustaciamoore »

Did you get my earlier message about what she looks like and what she likes to do?
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

I did but it's now missing from my inbox (with your ph#). I remember you saying you're down in WV, which is a bummer because we would have no way of getting Bella up here. I hope that you will be able to find someone in your area or someone with the resources for transport. Be sure to put a post in the other section on this site. There are so many wonderful, helpful people here. I'm sure you'll be able to place her quickly. Best of luck to you!!
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

I would be willing to help with transport thru Kentucky if you needed it. I am sure others here would do the same. Maybe you could try posting on the community discussions a request for people who are willing help with transport. You never know, you could get lucky and find someone in WVa who is going to Michigan on business or visiting family.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi there, I also contacted Bella's mom regarding Bella. I'm pulling for you since you inquired first. I see that you are having some trouble getting her from W. Va. to your home. Perhaps call a local shelter and ask if they know of any organization that does dog transporting or do a search on line under "undergound railroad for dogs" or "dog transporting" or "pilots for paws"
I' ve heard and read about these during my quest for another chow. I had to put my beautiful red chow, Chloe, to sleep 1-26-11, a week after her 15th birthday I feel her spirit reaching out and nudging me to give another chow the good home and life she had with me. Best of luck to you!
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Thanks Reddog, and everyone else! After trying many avenues, I've told Stacey that we'll have to pass on Bella. The distance is too much of an obstacle for us right now. Please, please feel free to pursue Bella, Reddog, if you can!! From what I understand she's a lovely girl and I hope she'll find a wonderful home.
tammer1973
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tammer1973 »

Im in Terre Haute Indiana. It will be awhile before another litter arrives. Im so sorry for your loss. I know when i lost my baby he was 15. I know how the empty feeling feels. I know a woman in illinois that should have a litter now if your want her info let me know. tammer1973@yahoo.com is my email.
Colebear & Angel's Mommy
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

I'm so sorry that you had to pass on getting Bella. I was really pulling for you!

Unfortunately, I also have to pass on Bella. I just found out that my 3 yr. old granddaughter is afraid of black dogs.

Maybe with you and me both having to pass on Bella, it is a sign that Stacey is meant to keep her and things will turn around for her and her family.

I still feel my Chloe's spirit nudging me, encouraging me not to give up on the quest for another chow. I know a new chow won't replace her but it will help to fill the void that has been left in my life since she passed away 1-26-11.

I hope you'll find your next chow soon

Take care reddog aka "Chloe's mom"
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi There

I'm so sorry that you had to pass on getting Bella! I was really pulling for you!
Unfortunately, I also have to pass on Bella. I just found out that my 3 yr. old granddaughter is afraid of black dogs.
Maybe this is a sign that Stacey is meant to keep Bella and things will turn around for her and her family.

I still feel my Chloe's spirit nudging me, encouraging me not to give up on the quest for another chow. I know a new chow won't replace her but it will help to fill the void that has been left in my life since she passed away 1-26-11.

I hope you'll find your next chow soon

Take Care

reddog
sashah
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sashah »

Dear Happy Chow Chow home,

Our neighbor asked me to help him find a new home for his Chow Chow. His wife died suddenly and unexpectedly of a heart attack at a young age and he cannot take care of the dog for various extremely understandable reasons including frequent travel out of the country. The dog is a beautiful red long-haired girl. She is 4 years old and extremely well mannered, friendly and loving. I have known her in the neighborhood for 3 years and she gets along well with other dogs and people. Her late mom was an avid Chow Chow owner with lots of Chow Chow experience who socialized her very well. We are in the Chicago area. If you are interested (I am not sure how far along you might be with other adoption plans) please let me know and I will ask her owner for photos to send you. I know her mom's husband will not give his beloved late wife's dog to anyone short of a loving and secure family. He would most likely be willing to transport her to Michigan.
Thank you, Sasha Holtan
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Sasha ...

Thank you for responding ... we have been contacted by our breeder in the UP and will be picking up our two little boys in November. Please be sure to check out others on the site, I can remember two homes that were looking for a chow. Perhaps they would be able to offer a loving home?

Marti Martin~
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Greetings Chow Chow . org family ... recently we were given some very good news! We're going to be parents again!!!! Leonidas and Maximus were born on September 17th and will be joining our family in the beginning of November. Thanks to all the kind words for the loss of our girl Kimba and for those who contacted me about placing your loved one in our home. We wish the very best for you.
Attachments
Leo Kissing Max
Leo Kissing Max
092511c.jpg (38.25 KiB) Viewed 4974 times