Forever Izza

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

oceans
Rank 1
Rank 1

Forever Izza

Post by oceans »

We lost our chow of 14 years and am starting the process of looking for another Chow Chow to spoil and treat like royalty. Does anyone have any ideas where to get a well balanced (not overly shy or overly aggressive) chow chow puppy. I thought I would try this forum because of the dedication and love of this breed that seems to be apparant on here. Chow Chows are extra special and should be treated so. With that being said I know that it is also imperative to find a good breeder who appreciates this breed and is not in it just for the money. Any advice would be appreciated. :)
mebo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Forever Izza

Post by mebo »

I'm so sorry for your loss. Where are you located? My Minnie came from Heavenly Chows in Missouri.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Sorry for your loss. You might look into adoption, the chow rescue in NY just rescued a ton of Chows, and a few have had puppies. It is worth a look!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Sincerely sorry for your loss.

Yes, do contact the Chow Rescue of NY
There is no shortage of chows and there are plenty of young ones.
Most of the temperaments are quite good, and even the shy ones can be brought "out" in a confident household.

If you truly want a very young puppy from a breeder you can contact your local chow chow club for a listing of breeders of merit.

In USA
http://chowclub.org/ccci/

In Canada
http://www.chowcanada.ca/

they can offer you a list of breeders who have signed an agreement to adhere to ethical breeding practices
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!