General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

sibling for LB

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

Hi guys,
Guess what!?! Little Bear is finally getting a chow sibling!! It took us a year and a half of waiting, but our blue, smooth coated, male was born last week and we will get him at the end of May. We are very excited!!!! \:D/

I will be checking the site for advice and stuff for puppies as it has been almost 3 year since LB was a babychow!
Any advice on how to integrate a chowling into a home that already has a dog would be appreciated. Is there anything I can do in the next 2 months to prepare Little Bear or anything??

And of course, I will post chowling photos as soon as we get him.
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: sibling for LB

Post by Piff Poff »

Oh my, LB is a lucky girl - thought you might go for a fluffy one this time. You must be so excited!
Thank you Sweatpea
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

I do love the rough coats but Phil (my other half...) wanted a smoothie again... I was just happy to be getting another!!!!
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Lol... maybe once we get this one I can start working on a rough coat as our 3rd!!!! \:D/
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

This is going to sound terrible, but you shouldn't get so very excited just yet. The little thing was only just born, things might still go wrong. I speak from very painful experience!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

So now I suppose I need one in each colour PLUS one in each colour and smooth too...LOL. I think you should work on the same premise lol.
Thank you Sweatpea
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

It is very hard not to get excited... I am trying not to think about it (8 weeks is going to feel like a very long time) but I am failing miserably... I keep checking my email in hopes of getting more updates.
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics of the baby! :D I wish I could have one of each color in smooth and rough coat. :lol: I better work on having a REALLY good job! :laughloud: In all seriousness, I've been working on my mom to see if we could get a blue rough female, or shoot, a female of any color(preferably not red though :lol: Already got that covered with my girls).
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Congratulations and yes - you are correct - the eight weeks are going to be very long - but worth it in the end. \:D/
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Freud'smom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Freud'smom »

Congrats! I am going through the same thing waiting for my puppy to arrive. Freud turned 4 weeks old on Friday. May 31st can't come soon enough! I knew I'd be excied about getting a puppy but just like you I find myself checking my email for updates and new pictures too. Here's to hoping your 8 weeks go by quickly!!

Melissa
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Congratulations Melissa!!
Indeed... waiting is very difficult! We just got more pictures today though which is fun :)
When do you get Freud? (great name by the way)
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage