Chows as hunters

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chows as hunters

Post by Loha'sDad »

Based upon the strength and focus of my Loha's prey drive, I have become convinced that Chow Chows were bred to locate food for their human keepers.

Loha's Dad
HPIM1495.JPG
HPIM1495.JPG (59.62 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
HPIM1495.JPG
HPIM1495.JPG (59.62 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
Attachments
HPIM1493.JPG
HPIM1493.JPG (64.08 KiB) Viewed 5087 times
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Chows as hunters

Post by Tippsy'smom »

It's definitely PART of what they were bred for. Tippsy also thinks she's a sled dog. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Yep, and those of us on the other end of the leash are the sled! :shock:

Loha's Dad
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Funny.

It's so icy and slippy at the moment all Henry gets from me is 'slow down, not so fast, wait for Mum!'

Squirrels are his favourite things to watch, he's fascinated by the jack rabbits, but like to track where they came from rather than chasing them and we get funny little birds here, not sure what they are, they don't fly too much and waddle quite nicely, Henry likes the look of those :lol:
Thank you Sweatpea
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Ha! Ha! :lol:

Fred reckons he is going to make a two seater truck when the better weather arrives then he reckons we could travel the County with Matilda and Maisie pulling us. He reckons he just has to work out the steering mechanism and braking system. He will also need a little safety harness for Mabel to sit between us!! \:D/

Until then, when out on our walks, M & M Jnr. are more interested in visiting the hens than hunting for us. However, they would love to get the several cats we see on our travels. :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
teserniaK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by teserniaK »

That's really amazing to know that your pet could actually locate food for you. I usually bring my dog during outing and field trips on weekends but I never thought that he has the ability to be a hunter. I'm excited to see if he could do some tricks on finding food for me this weekend. Anyway, if you're always traveling with your pet, you must ensure your pet's safety off the road. It would keep you safe and Pet seat belts help reduce distraction and increase safety to the both of you. Have a safe travel and a fun outdoor adventure everyone.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Molly would love to chase squirrels and chipmunks. Other peoples cats would also be a target since they would probably run from her, and that's what she likes!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

Little Bear has killed 2 guinea pigs.... (neighbor left cage open...) and 3 chickens. She also chases squirrels and rabbits, and I am sure if she caught them would kill them too... :evil:
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Do you not feed her? :lol:
Thank you Sweatpea
BeckiHutton
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by BeckiHutton »

Lily likes to chase birds- whenever she sees a bird she tries to go running after it. If I'm not concentrating enough then she will almost pull me over- the little mare :lol:
Pretty little lily :). Thank you sweetpea for the wonderful banner
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

lol, I do feed her - but maybe I should stop... seeing that she can fare pretty well on her own!!
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage