How true !!!!!!!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zeus & Simba
Rank 0
Rank 0

How true !!!!!!!!

Post by Zeus & Simba »

...............it would be wrong to suggest that the Chow Chow is lazy. Rather, the Chow is a breed of regal leisure, leaving the drudgery of exercise to the lesser breeds. The Chow expects casual, non-strenuous strolls, do not expect your Chow Chow to gaily prance after thrown sticks. He will ignore the request with rolled-eye repugnance.
Auddymay

Re: How true !!!!!!!!

Post by Auddymay »

...lol, I agreed, right up to the part about the stick. Just today, the weather warmed, and Lily felt like a rousing game of 'stick'. I found just the right one, and she ran after, picked up the stick and danced with it, then ran it back to drop it at my feet, only to wait for the next throw...she did this 4 times and then waked away. Pip taught her as a chowling. She dragged near branches and Lily trailed it like it was prey.

Chows are VERY busy, watching the goings-on around their kingdoms.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Uh huh, this is of course only after their kingdoms have been cleared of every squirrel, rabbit, bird, butterfly and moth...and any other little critters, (and some large ones too), then they might take up the regal refined exercise thing...until another pesty squirrel invades, then all that regalness vanishes.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Absolutely agree! Chow Chows are very busy - there is so much to sort out and only after everything has been sorted can a chow chow be regal and show how absolutely beautiful they are. :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
bubbybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bubbybear »

Laughing out loud. My pair finally got the ground hog out of our yard this week .
That took them a month of digging and watching.Tyton at one point had a hole big enough for himself
to fit in to and all you could see was the tip of his tail. Phoenix would come in with her muzzle covered in dirt.
My hubby had to fill in the hole. I thought they were digging to China or something.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

bubbybear wrote:Laughing out loud. My pair finally got the ground hog out of our yard this week .
That took them a month of digging and watching.Tyton at one point had a hole big enough for himself
to fit in to and all you could see was the tip of his tail. Phoenix would come in with her muzzle covered in dirt.
My hubby had to fill in the hole. I thought they were digging to China or something.
:D =D= :D
Thank you SweetPea!
crickle_22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crickle_22 »

I think Koda might be the exception.. or he is still full of pup energy but he is very busy... always ready to play, chase, he carries his "binkie" a chewed stuffed dog that he has carried around with him since he was a pup and he is just full of spunk. Especially if he gets loose.. then he is FULL of energy and there is no stopping him. LOL

I hear a lot of chows are lazy but I don't see that in Koda... maybe this will change. However, I like the spunk... it makes for some pretty funny stories. lol
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

This sooo has nothing to do with Loo. I love him so much, but he is terribly exhausting.
The 2 1/2 to 3 hours of walking him every day at breakneck speed are taking quite a toll on me.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

crickle_22 wrote:I think Koda might be the exception.. or he is still full of pup energy but he is very busy... always ready to play, chase, he carries his "binkie" a chewed stuffed dog that he has carried around with him since he was a pup and he is just full of spunk. Especially if he gets loose.. then he is FULL of energy and there is no stopping him. LOL

I hear a lot of chows are lazy but I don't see that in Koda... maybe this will change. However, I like the spunk... it makes for some pretty funny stories. lol
My girl Firesong is 10, she walks around with her Panter, or one of her dukies all the time, she skips through the house, (honest it's a three legged skip, she has four legs) chases squirrels, birds and would love to get hold of one of those pesky bunnie wabbits that are outside. The only slowing down she's done is not pulling quite so hard on her leash. So if Koda is doing it at a year, he'll probably do it all his life.
Thank you SweetPea!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

Sarahloo wrote:This sooo has nothing to do with Loo. I love him so much, but he is terribly exhausting.
The 2 1/2 to 3 hours of walking him every day at breakneck speed are taking quite a toll on me.
He's trying to keep you healthy! Just think of the great cardio workout you get every day. And it takes no expensive equipment and he doesn't even charge you for it. You have a really good personal trainer!
Thank you SweetPea!
crickle_22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by crickle_22 »

Victory wrote: You have a really good personal trainer!
I agree! An exercised dog makes for a really fit owner!! :)
Victory wrote: My girl Firesong is 10, she walks around with her Panter, or one of her dukies all the time, she skips through the house, (honest it's a three legged skip, she has four legs) chases squirrels, birds and would love to get hold of one of those pesky bunnie wabbits that are outside. The only slowing down she's done is not pulling quite so hard on her leash. So if Koda is doing it at a year, he'll probably do it all his life.
I think it's the cutest thing when they do it. He has had "binkie" since he was a pup... he will grab it before his walks and carry it around the neighbourhood... its quite the scene. :) We've had to get replacement binkies for him that are identical to the original because the wear and tear on them goes quick .. but he still has the original one lingering around here that he uses to sleep with.. LOL

Koda pulls on the leash to start but we got him a haltie so Im hoping that tomorrow we can try it out!! (its storming here today)... it usually doesn't last long.. maybe 2 blocks and then he slows down a bit.. but man, if it continues are we in for it!! :)