Satan's Spawn (aka TiVo)

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TiVo's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Satan's Spawn (aka TiVo)

Post by TiVo's Mom »

Satan's spawn has returned!! Formerly knows as my puppy TiVo occasionally he turns in to an unbelievably difficult and challenging alter ego. It hasn't happened for a couple of weeks, but HE'S BACK. We were enjoying playing with his new tennis ball donut toy, I was tossing it about the house he was running after it and bringing it back. We'd been doing it for a while so I thought maybe he should go outside for a quick pee. I let him out and he ran across the yard, pee'd and then talk about the "zoomies"! With lightening speed he ran in into the landscaping (a no-no that he has really never done before), I gave him a firm "no" at which point he ran back in and around and through, pretty much only running in the landscaping at this point and avoiding the grassy yard altogether, jumping over bushes, having a great time as I'm yelling "no". I tried catching him a couple of times but realized that was futile and only making it more fun so I waited for him to wind down and cornered him, grabbed him, picked him up and carried him to the house. When I sat him down outside the back door and told him to get in the house he minded and quickly ran inside. I was pretty frustrated with him by that time so I crated him without a treat and now he is napping peacefully. I don't know why his little escapade is bothering me so much but it is.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

He is only being a pup - and pups don't respect landscaping or plants or flowers or tomato plants or runner beans or mint or honeysuckle or fuscias or beautifull tall blue iris or broad bean or lavender or astilbe or........................................................................................!! :laughloud: :roll:
Just teach him to "No! get off the garden" and you running round after him would not have helped! That would have added to his enjoyment!
It will get better but do try to teach him what is garden and what is lawn and he is not allowed on garden.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
sixchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sixchows »

You call that "Satan's Spawn"?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought you were going to say he mauled you or a visitor, unlocked a door and went outside, stalked an unsuspecting prey,etc., etc.

He probably wouldn't have gone on the "psycho run" if he didn't get overly excited playing ball with you. Next time you feel the need fora time out to pee, try walking him on a leash around the yard. That should calm him down.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

I MISS puppy zoomies!! They were always so much fun. It's rare even for chowlings to get goofy, which is what is sounds like to me. Rogan still gets goofy every once in a while, but now, being an older chow gentleman, it simply isn't proper.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
chris

Post by chris »

does everyones chow zoomies consist of the butt almost touchging the ground as the ZOOM? lol :wink:
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

I love the "butt-tuck-and-run"!
I can't believe it, but Sophie has had a case of the zooms, too. 90 degrees, and I'm dragging my fanny around the park half dead, and she wants to be a pup again. What are we doing right?!? :lol:
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

chris wrote:does everyones chow zoomies consist of the butt almost touchging the ground as the ZOOM? lol :wink:
lol, yes and with the ears and tail down for added aerodynamics!! Sigh....I sure miss the zoomies, Dakota doesn't do that anymore. Well, she tried a teeny-tiny zoomie the other day in the backyard and ran straight into the side of the garage... :roll: Poor thing, she was fine though. :lol:
TiVo's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TiVo's Mom »

I don't really know why it bothered me so much other than up until then he had always listened when we told him not to go in the landscaping and really never attempted to. OK, it was cute and while he was napping peacefully afterwards in his crate I had to admit to myself that the reason it frustrated me was because I was handling it all wrong because it caught me by surprise. In retrospect I think I should have ignored him and walked toward the house grabbing one of his toys on the way. That way I wouldn't have made a big deal out of it and he would have forgotten about it and come for the toy. After his nap I took him out with his leash on and we walked around the yard, then I dropped the leash and let him go on his own and he could have cared less about the landscaping. Now he's enjoying a little quality time outside in the kennel with his big brother while I try to accomplish a thing or two inside. Thanks for the advice and for helping me keep everything in perspective.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

As Kingalls will tell you also, they have no respect for our garden beds. In fact, I have surrendered a minor garden bed which surrounds a tree to Lily. Both (esp Pip) know what Get out of the garden means. They will also violate my beds hunting rodents. I wish they would actually catch some!
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

Cabo has recently found dirt digging can be so much fun.

Doesn't help with the rain we've had or the ecollar he's wearing. I can't wait to get rid of that thing so he can stop being such a slob and get a bath!
Mommy to Cabo
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes, Milly and Mabel know what "Get off the garden" means but if I catch them on the flower beds, they give me such a look as they are walking off as if to say, "But, we are only walking across them - Gooooooooooooooooooood!" :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)