General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Co Co
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Chowling Mum

Post by Co Co »

Just wanted to say a big hello to all the chow lovers out there. I have been
hipnotized by these beautiful creatures and will be a proud owner in 2 weeks. She will be 8 weeks old and have named her Co Co.
I live in Sydney Australia, what would be the BEST dog food to give her?
I have also heard of giving them milk with egg???
Is this true? If so how old they have to be and how often?

Proud Mum
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Welcome to the World of Chow.

I am not an expert just the mum of two girls, litter sisters Milly and Mabel who are now four and a half years old.

Regarding eggs and milk, there are several ideas on this. Some people will tell you milk should not be given to dogs. When Milly and Mabel were chowlings, I was told by their breeder that they love scrambled egg. When I checked this with our vet, she told me that scrambled egg was allowed but not too often - so no Milly and Mabel have scrambled egg and dog meal as a treat about every ten days or so and they adore it! They hear the microwave ping and rush in for their dinner.

I should ask your chowling's breeders what they feed her parents on and so on and take it from there.

No doubt others on the site will be of more help than me. Anyway, enjoy your chowling - there is nothing quite like a Chow - but remember one thing, don't assume you are getting a dog 'cos you are not - you are getting a Chow and the two things are entirely different, as you will find out, to your delight, I am sure!

I cannot wait to hear you posting after Chow baby has arrived!! :wink: :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Co Co
Rank 0
Rank 0

Scrambled eggs

Post by Co Co »

Big hello to Milly and Mabel,

Thankyou Judy for your reply. The scrambled eggs sound great!!
Co Co will have to try it.

Counting down the days now!!

Thanks Victoria [/url]