MISSING MY BABIES.....

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

MISSING MY BABIES.....

Post by valerierichard27 »

Im sad to annonce that our house caught on fire 2 and half weeks ago, I managed to save the dogs, Nelly ran out on her own, but Romeo went back inside to hide in his crate, so I had to run back in for him. Thank god they are alright. But since we are in a hotel for a month or two, i had to leave the dogs at the farm. I feel really bad because they are in a BOX (for horses) and i can only go see them 30 mins 3 times a day. I wish i could have them here with me :cry: There is one thing that im scared of, Nelly will not pee or poop in the stall, but Romeo does, now im scared that when he gets home he will keep doing it inside the house. Does anyone have advice ??
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: MISSING MY BABIES.....

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Oh my god how scary for you and for them! I am so glad everyone made it out okay.

I think your chows will be fine with their pottying when back in the house. I am sure the stall smells like horses to them. Your house won't.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry to hear this. I think both of your chows will be fine with pottying once they get back home with you. Best wishes!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

I am glad that you and the chows are ok, how scary! :(
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Well Nelly and Romeo were in the same stall, but last night I had to seperate them, they were fighting alot. So durring the day I will put them together so that they dont get to lonley and at night in different stalls so they dont end up killing each other. I miss them soooo much, I wish i could have them here at the hotel with us. As for Romeo he is now 8 months he has gotten soooo big. I cant wait to get my camera back so that i can take pictures and post them. :D
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh dear - I am so sorry. I don't have any advice - I just hope and pray you will all come out of this ok - I am sure you will. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

At 8 months he's feeling his oats, and trying to move up in the pack, it's a normal teenage thing. Added to the stress of living somewhere else though it can cause issues. Once they are back in the house and with you as normal it may take a little bit, (a few reminders of who is REALLY the boss) but he'll straighten right out again. I'm really glad that you and they and everyone got out okay.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Thank God you were all saved. How scary! I am not sure how it works in Canada, but in the US we have some dog friendly hotels. I am not sure if that is even an option for long-term stays though. I know animals cannot be left in the room alone, but if you can take them to the barn while working and then back to the hotel after work, they might do better. You would, for certain. Days Inn charges extra, but the rooms are cheaper to start with...something to check out, anyway. Best Western does too, but it was 3 years ago and I can't remember details. I am sure you checked it out, but thought I would mention just in case.
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Unfortunatly my husband does not want the dogs in the hotel room, because its all carpet and its not very big, and with 2 kids its tough. My contractor said that we should be in the house by easter, witch is still a few weeks from now :( I will have to get ROMEO nutered before we go back in the house because im scared that he will pee everywere since his smell is gone....
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Me & Tess »

Thank God you were able to save them. Easter is only a month away. When you can, walk them. This is stressfull for everyone. When we were waiting for our log cabin to be built we stayed in a one room apartment - but we only had one Chow-girl. But it was over 8 mos. You & your family have my heart.
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

GOOD NEWS !!!!! We will be able to have our house on the 12th of April !!!! One week and a half to go and we are home !! Romeo is getting neuterd on the 12 !
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh Brilliant! I am so glad for you - just hang in there - the days will fly now that you have a date. =D= :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)