newbee to forum just saying hi!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

andyman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by andyman »

I'm curious, I was thinking about showing bubbles and she still has a tiny patch of pink on her tounge. Obviously she won't be show quality with it. When does the tounge turn completely blue/black? The pink spot use to be really big but has since filled in. She's almost 6 months (maybe 5 1/4 now?) . Should I be worried if it doesn't fill in by 6 months?

andy
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Sorry Andy, havn't a clue but just had to tell you this! Nothing to do with chows but I thought of you the other day when driving to Chester and it just amused me. :)
You know we were talking a while back about the chowlings sticking their little feet behind them and I said that Milly and Mabel still do, well on the way to Chester there is a small holding and in a field there are some llamas. I suppose there are about four of five adults but at the moment there are about three babies of different ages and the youngest was lying down in the sun with its back legs stuck out right behind like a chowling! :D Just made me smile!!

Hugs to Bubbles.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
koko

tounge color

Post by koko »

[quote="andyman"]I'm curious, I was thinking about showing bubbles and she still has a tiny patch of pink on her tounge. Obviously she won't be show quality with it. When does the tounge turn completely blue/black? The pink spot use to be really big but has since filled in. She's almost 6 months (maybe 5 1/4 now?) . Should I be worried if it doesn't fill in by 6 months?
i am not andy but i will try to answer your question for you
as a rule if they dont go all puple by 14 weeks or so they stay as they are once in while they will turn later but i have found in my chow pups that( i have only 2 do this to me but my mentor has had more) that they stay pink in some spots
hope this helps but i would call or email the breeder about if she/he didnt tell you or said it would change just to see what he/she has to say they know there puppies & dogs i dont theirs i only know mine :wink:
as for showing they have to all black/blue no pink
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

hello Bubbles

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Welcome to the site and hope you have many happy hours reading and learning, Love you
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441