Petition against the Pit bull ban in Denver, Co

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Petition against the Pit bull ban in Denver, Co

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Here is a Petition to sign regarding the pit bull ban in Denver. If you sign this petition you might point out in comments that your not a Pit bull owner so they know that its not just pit owners that are outraged over this ban.

http://www.petitiononline.com/savecyan/
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Bugger - I cannot sign it - not a resident of the US. Logical really. :evil: !!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
kingalls

petition

Post by kingalls »

Thanks, Jeff...I've signed it.
I wonder how long it took to push (sneak) this one through. Hopefully, other dog owners - not just the Pit Bull owners - raise heck over this and get it repealed. They should understand that this leaves the door wide open to other breeds being added to the list.

Karen
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

I put in my two cents today on this petition. I am pretty tee'd.

I have never found Denver to be a nice place to visit - I was accosted by police officers when I was 21 and they had that 10 PM curfew for anyone under the age of 21. They threw me against the wall, frisked my privates and then asked for my ID. I've never forgotten it. Began calling Denver cops PIGS from then on.

I realize it's their government that's the problem and apparently their apathetic population to allow this legislation to go through in the first place! Well, enough of this frustration. I don't understand why the people of Denver are not in an uproar - apathy - I just don't get it.

This is what I wrote on the petition:

I do not own a pit bull and have met many who were friendly and lovable. An owner is legally liable for their chosen pet. Breed specific legislation to annihilate the existence of a species is a violation against nature. Aren't there much larger crimes in Denver that need government/police intervention? The ramifications: This will increase animosity towards Denver police; As crimes such as murder, rape, robbery occur Denver's police will be taking away a child's friendly pit bull. Pit bulls now, what breed/species is next? I have canceled plans and will not ever visit Denver or Colorado again until this legislation is repealed.. Denver is not safe or ethical.
Last edited by Juniper on Tue May 17, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer & Sheena
Elaina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Elaina »

Thanks, Jeff. I signed. One thing I can't understand is why the apathy in Denver? Is it a "I don't have a pitt, so i'm okay" syndrome? I can hear the next call for dangerous dogs, "Next! All Rottys must go", then "Next! All Malamutes must go", then "Next! All ....." *sigh* I guess i just don't get it. :?

Elaina, Max-A-Million, and Mahayana
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I signed on too - don't know whether it will hold! :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I can't understand why the Co. people are putting up with this either. I have read the ACLU is getting involved now because so far they are just hitting the under privileged area's, so now its turned into a discrimination problem. I guess in their minds which is probably true they won't have as many people fighting back in those area's they just turn over their pits from fear rather then go to jail.

I also can't understand why this story hasn't made the national news, I would think something like this would make headline news. Becouse its such a rediculas law and its hard to believe something like this goes on in the US I was beginning to think maybe this is just some sort Internet scam but its all over the Denver news.

Post by Guest »

...just signed it also.
Roger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Roger »

That above guest was me, Roger, BTW. Sometimes I swear I'm logged in when it appears I'm not. Oh well....
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shane »

I've signed, it is not right to banned a certain breed. I read in an article that cockerspaniels have a higher tendency rate to bite than a pitbull. It is not the pits fault but the owner. Ive seen the tenascious creature be so gentle with children not even who they live with. I would feel safer around a pitbull that I don't know than a person. Some people need to be banned. Notice far more murders are being done by people than any animal on the face of this earth. Think about it.

Shane
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Signed it! And passed it on to friends of mine not on the board. This is frightening. Pits aren't dangerous - some owners are. I understand that there is talk that they are trying for rottweilers next. Sad.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Joe & Robin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Joe & Robin »

Signed also. At the time it was over 8000 signatures.

Joe, Robin & Mai Tai