Sick dog, please help ? :(

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

cedes94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sick dog, please help ? :(

Post by cedes94 »

my chow chow was throwing up and i dont think she was eating all week very much. She threw up clear foam a couples times that week. Then she started acting weird, she would hide and she looked scared. We thought she was just sick, nothing bad, maybe ate something bad... and then she walked to the tile, she layed there and she wouldnt even look at me, when i called her name. im only 15 and i knew something was wrong with her ): she then couldnt get up to walk to the carpet... she was dragging her legs trying to crawl to the carpet.. then she plopped down when she got there.. she still wouldnt move her eyes or head to me? then she started whining and her mouth stayed open a little bit. Thats when my dad believed me that something was rlly wrong. She just kept yepling and whining so we rushed to the vet... but on the way there, she started to stop breathing slowly... i was holding her in the backseat not knowing what was wrong with her? and we got her to the vet... she stopped breathing right when we set her on tht table... they tried to bring her back, but it didnt work. If anyone can help me on what happened? i would really appreciate knowing because i've had her since i was little, and i want to know why this happened to her. Thank you.
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Sick dog, please help ? :(

Post by Sarahloo »

Are you serious? Probably not! But okay: what was wrong with her was that she needed medical attention (how are we supposed to know why? why didn't you ask the vet for an autopsy?), and you did not take her to the vet for a week. I really hope you are just a troll. I couldn't bear to think that this actually happened to a sweet little chow girl.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

I am deeply sorry for your loss. It is unnerving when a cherished chow passes, especially when it is sudden and worse when you sense something is wrong and not empowered to take her to the vet. I don't believe anyone of us here on the site would be able to give you an answer to your question. You can ask your vet to perform a necropsy. But it might just be better to bid a fond farewell so she can rest in peace. However, if this info will help you reach closure, I fostered a chow mix, Keiko. On a Wednesday night she started walking funny - somewhat lopsided. She too started having dry heeves and the monster eater that she was, she refused food and treats. When I took her to ER, the vet told me she had a mass growing in/near her stomach. By Sunday, she could not stand and walk without assistance and I had to prepare for her to crossover, which she did, peacefully and not alone.
cedes94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cedes94 »

you know what, im 15 years old.. My dog was my best friend so don't try to make me feel bad.. we thought that she was throwing up sometimes because when we go on vaca. she gets sad and wont eat... but i guess tht wasnt why... we didnt get anything done to know what was wrong, because it would cost tons of money we dont have & it wouldnt get us anywhere because she had already past...
cedes94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cedes94 »

im just a teen, and i was missing my dog who passed a few months ago, and i just thought maybe some people could have some imout on it, didn't need no trash talk... thanks.
chowMed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowMed »

Sarahloo wrote:Are you serious? Probably not! But okay: what was wrong with her was that she needed medical attention (how are we supposed to know why? why didn't you ask the vet for an autopsy?), and you did not take her to the vet for a week. I really hope you are just a troll. I couldn't bear to think that this actually happened to a sweet little chow girl.

All animals should be given equal rights to medical as we all humans need it. We should give the proper medical attention if it is really necessary. Your dog needs an immediate attention from a medical expert.
Last edited by chowMed on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I am so sorry to hear about your furbaby.
We may never know what happened, but I can't help but wonder if she was poisoned? Could be by accident, such as eating a poisonous substance. One of my furbabies actually goes looking for mushrooms growing in the yard. I am constantly dealing with this issue. Fortunately, the mushrooms I have growing in my yard have not harmed her so far. But, there are many varieties that can cause the symptoms you have described.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Cedes, you have come to the right place for help. While we can't tell you what happened to your beloved friend, we do understand the sorrow you feel from your loss. I think you will find that most of us are very supportive. Because, chows are so very stoic, it is sometimes hard to tell when they are sick.
You did all you could do under the circumstances.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!