Pip Remembered

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Pip Remembered

Post by Auddymay »

It's been 5 months since Pip died and left us. I think of her all the time, and keep catching myself calling Lily by one of Pip's pet names. (when coming indoors, I always said to Pip, "C'mon Booey") These are the hard parts of losing our furbabies.

Today, I got a glimpse of how Pip really did touch and impress people. The gas meter reader was in the yard, and Lily was raising a ruckus, so I went out to assure the meterman he was safe. He laughed and said he knew Lily well, and even stopped to try and make friends. Then he commented how he really enjoyed seeing my other dog, the black one. I had to tell him she died in June. I could see his face fall. He apologized for my loss, but looking at him, I know he lost something, too. My Pip loved greeting all the people who came to our door, she was so special. I am pretty sure I ruined the guy's day.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Pip Remembered

Post by CoraP. »

It is very hard to deal with the loss of such a dear friend. It's almost 6 years since Bear died, and I still think of him a lot and miss him. It doesn't hurt as much, but he is never gone long from my thoughts and memories. It sounds like Pip was loved by many and will be remembered by many.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Auddymay...it's been forever since I've been on here, I just popped in to see about posting in regards to a chow that needs a home, when I saw your message. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Pip, extending my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Losing a beloved pup is the loss of a family member, it leaves such a huge void. However, the joy that they bring while they're here overrides the sadness of the loss. If you're anything like the Hoefinger family another one will be finding their way into your life. I believe each dog has a story, and when you adopt a new one the journey begins again.

With Sympathy,

Lisa
myboys
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by myboys »

It's so wonderful when we hear how our furbabies have touched other's lives. I have a bus driver who still, when she sees me, tells me how much she misses my Murphy boy! It always make me smile, though!! He was one terrific dog. He's been gone two years now. Sending my sympathy your way.....
J & C
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by J & C »

Auddymay,
Just want to add my condolences too. I had two black Chows before Java, both have been gone for 5 and 8 years; but to this day I still catch myself calling Java their names (Katie & Jordon). She seems to understand and I am warmed just hearing their names come from my mouth.
God bless you. Deb
Last edited by J & C on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

It's been three years since Teddy died, and we still cry when we talk about him.
Pip will always be in your heart Audrey!
She was a true chow ambassador!
gumbychow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gumbychow »

hello
My emotion when I still think of my first chow, he called MAO he loved everybody and he was my friend ... it has never been replaced in my heart.
mao 1976-1986
a +
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

PIPPY :x
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes indeed - Pippy :x
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)