is he too big or too small ??

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

is he too big or too small ??

Post by valerierichard27 »

I just weighed Romeo, he is 3 and 1/2 months old and he weighs 25 pounds. Is that too big or too small or average ??
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: is he too big or too small ??

well i called the breeder and he is a little over the average. His parents and grandparents were around 50-60 pounds
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

A little over average isn't a big deal, like Chowling1964 said, he may be a bit bigger than his parents when he's all grown up, healthy chows can weigh up to 80lbs and still be within breek specs. Don't judge so much by the number, but by his overall health and activity, if he's romping around being a puppy, has good muscle tone and that pudgy puppy shape, (which will begin to change very shortly) don't worry about it.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

I speak to the breeders regulary they love having news from thier pups LOL Yes romeo is very active, he runs everywhere in the yard and loves to be outside. We had our 1st snow fall saturday night and he was going NUTS LOl he played in it for a good hour. :D
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

How lovely to see him in the snow. My Matilda who is just a year old absolutely adored the snow we had last winter when she was a little chowling. Now she and her litter sister Maisie are bit chowlings :lol: I am looking forward to see how they are this coming winter. I hope we have some snow for them. Maisie was not here then - she arrived here in February and there was no more snow in any quantity so it should be fun. \:D/
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

I have a feeling that Romeo will want to spend all his time outside LOl Nelly wont even go pee when its too cold or if it rains LOl But not Romeo... he is always asking to go out :)
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

wow Romeo took 7 pounds in 13 days lol OMG thank god i dont lol
bubbybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bubbybear »

Tyton finished growing at 80lbs. 20lbs heavier than his father. Phoenix is around the 25 lbs and is the female and his sister.
If this is any consoltation . they grow fast. I will have to post more pics off the two brats. I call her a little piece of baggage and Tyton my gentle giant. Love them to death.
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

If im not mistaken tyton or pheonix is Romeos sister, romeo is now at 32 pounds how big is tyton-pheonix