Wolfie is DEAD

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Wolfie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Wolfie is DEAD

Post by Wolfie »

I haven’t been on this board for quite some time; but hopefully some of you will remember Wolfie and me. I need to tell other chow lovers who could empathize. My little (BIG) blue 12.5 yr. old chow - Wolfie - is now DEAD. My daughter and husband told me when I got home from work. He died in the backyard, on the lawn, under one of the sprinkler heads, which was apparently watering at the time. (He always did love the water). My daughter found him and called my husband who came directly home. They were both able to put him in my 4Runner (which he also loved) and dropped him off at the vets. He was cremated. A rather large granite grave marker with his smiling face was delivered, however, I just can’t seem to place it in the backyard where he died. I can still hear him climbing the stairs and even went looking for him one day -- until I realized. . .! He was my “baby”.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Re: Wolfie is DEAD

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh dear! I am so very sorry.
He was a good age and how comforting to know he died peacefully in his own back garden. Bless him - now he is in The Happy Hunting Grounds where he will feel no pain and every day is spring.

You will miss him, probably for ever but just remember the good times and the way you feel will become easier and you will find you smile when you remember him.

"Say not in grief he is no more but in thankfulness he was."

(Old Hebrew Proverb)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
katman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by katman »

I feel your pain. I still find myself looking for my "Smokey." He's been gone about 3 months. The two new furbies help but I miss my baby.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sure, I think you are who I am remembering...you also have a younger female you were ambivalent to get, but DH really wanted? Unless there are 2 older Wolfie chows. In any case, my condolences. Wolfie gave you the best death he could...my Pip did something similar in June. At first I was angry/guilty that I wasn't there at the end, but I had to realize she could have been with me in the car, causing me even more trauma. I am glad you had help transporting Wolfie, too.
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Yes, I do remember Wolfie being your baby. Sorry to hear of your loss. I feel your pain.... My deepest condolences.

Leonora & mum
Lobis Cunami
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lobis Cunami »

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss :cry: I can feel your pain... :cry:
***** Lobis Cunami *****
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he went very peacefully doing what he liked to do. Run free Wolfie.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

We are very sorry to hear of Wolfie's passing. You haven't posted here for a long time but the last time, it sounde like Wolfie was having issues. I hope he was not sufferng. How did Zoe take it? Our condolences to all of you. [-o|
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I also remember you and Wolfie. My condolences. He lived a good long time, and went calmly and naturally. Run free Wolfie.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Thank you Sweatpea
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

So sorry to hear about Wolfie, my condolences :cry:
RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

I remember Wolfie as well and I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. I lost my Cayenne over a year ago and I still find it hard to come on this site. Our thoughts are with you.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry to hear Wolfie has passed. It sounds like he was at peace. Godspeed, dear Wolfie. :cry:
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
lovechows55
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lovechows55 »

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Wolfie. I remember you! I was on this MB regularly until I lost my chow girl Chelsea (in January 2008). Losing a chow is like losing part of your self. It does get easier with time but I found myself looking at one of Chelsea's favorite spots expecting to see her just the other day.

There's never an easy way to lose our wonderful chows and losing Wolfie so suddenly will probably take time to work through your loss. There are support groups available that may help you, including an online candlelight ceremony (that was very cathartic but took me a couple tries to get through it). That ceremony and writing a tribute to her were very helpful in working through the grief I felt. If you'd like more information or feel like talking, feel free to PM me.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.