Blind Chow found in Nashville

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Blind Chow found in Nashville

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

I am posting this here because I feel it is urgent.
First thing is, I have emailed Craigslist to contact the person that posted but I am not waiting on a reply before letting everyone know about it. As you may know, Nashville is flooded and they don't know the full death toll yet, so how this Chow got loose is anyone's guess.

Here is the link:
http://nashville.craigslist.org/pet/1727381927.html

Here is what it says:
Found around West Cleveland and Gallatin Road trying to avoid traffic.
Please e-mail if you have any idea where he might live.
Thank you.

If you know any Chow owners in the area, please call or email them about this. If need be, I can be in Nashville in 3 hours.
I will let you know if they contact me and the results of this.
Jeff
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
ccyang
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Blind Chow found in Nashville

Post by ccyang »

:( so sad, hopefully someone finds his owner or will adopt him. I can't even imagine losing Pong...so hopefully the person who lost his baby will find him.
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

I got a reply and it seems he is not in danger at this time. I am going to stay in touch with them in case he needs a foster until the owners can be located. Here is what she had to say:

Thank you so much.
With the floods here people have abandoned a lot of animals. Not sure if that is his situation yet. I haven't gotten any response on my posts yet so no one is frantically looking for her at this point. When I get a picture i'll get it to all the vets.
Right now I'm trying to find a place for him to crash in peace without a pack of other animals to worry him.
We'll keep him safe. You can reach me at this e-mail and phone number below.
If I need to transport him to get him into a good home I'm happy to do that.
Appreciate your concern.

She is working under the umbrella of http://www.eastcan.org/ East Nashville Community Action Network
Being owned by Chows since 1983 and having our first Chow go blind, I have to admit this hit close to home for me. I will keep you updated.

Jeff
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Jeff,

Good to hear from you. I'm glad you posted this, hopefully his humans will come forward soon. I wish I was closer to help out, however I live in Pennsylvania now.
Good luck with this.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!