Useless gifts I've bought for my chows!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zhuyos mom

Useless gifts I've bought for my chows!

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Another $15 down the drain! I bought this self-brush, tooth brush for the Tiggs. He loves to chew and goes through his nylabones and dynobones and galileo bones pretty quickly. Tiggy is a big, big chewer! So I thought he would enjoy chewing on this little contraption:

I thought it would kill two birds with one stone. But NO! He liked off the liver flavored toothpaste, not one chew on the toothbrush bone and there it lies in the corner of his crate, alone!

Years back, I shared how I bought my other boy chow a pup tent so he had shade when he was outside. Zhu never went in but decided the perimeters of the pup tent were great spots to lift his leg and spend his pennies! At least he used the tent his own way.

Let's share other things we've bought our chows, so we can save one another $$$$

As for this thing, I'm regifting it for my friend's golden retriever, Bella! Surely, Bella will use it!!!
kingalls

Re: Useless gifts I've bought for my chows!

Post by kingalls »

:lol: :lol: at least Tiggy liked the toothpaste!
To name a few things that we have turned out to be garage sale items or donated to shelters:
Giant Dogloo
Costco dog beds
Costco dog blankets
Rubber dog bone that says "newspaper"
Many other rubber toys: ball, ring, mailman
Ramp for truckbed (will only ride in the cab)
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh, I have a box of 'WANT TO BE TOYS" that said, they just want to be played with toys that Nikki wont' touch..
A doggy blanket. Hello did I miss the full length fur coat she wears and think she needed a blanket too??
And the pedi paws nail trimmer .. thats a monster according to Nikki
And the shammy for dogs that doesn't seem to dry her but collects wet fur on it and smells quickly..
Pinacolada spray that is suppose to make her smell tropical but only makes her smell like 'WET DOG'..
Oh, Iam sure I left a few out there are so many.. Silly human...I could probably take a nice vacation some where if I collected and turned them back.. but instead I can sniff the pinacolada spray and only wish..
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

LB has NEVER slept on the bed I got her, and has never played with any of the balls that I bought her as a puppy... she just looks at them like..."what? you go get it and bring it back to me!" It must be soft and squeaky.
I bought the pedipaw trimmer too, and LB also seems to think it is a thing of torture, I won't be trying that any time soon!!
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Pedipaw victim also! RUN! RUN! Haha! I buy very few things actually, for this very reason. Thank goodness they both love sticks, and Lily has a favorite game in the summer of chasing the spray from the hose. Yeah I know, I'm a terrible mum.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I bought a dog bed for Tippsy and that didn't get used until Jazz came along. :lol: Jazz not only used it as a bed, but as a chew toy as well. :-x Thank God he grew out of that and hasn't destroyed the 2 we have in the house now. One of which Tippsy has started using... Go figure. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh Dear! Tiggy is a wicked boy and should chew his teeth cleaning bone! :lol: Still, never mind - the Lab might like it otherwise it is money down the drain.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellabear27 »

Our first big purchase for Bella was bought before she even arrived home - her doggy bed. She used it once or twice when she was a puppy, but quickly grew bored of it. Fortunately, when Bruin arrived, he loved it right away and has been using it every since. There were a few days when Bella became jealous that Bruin was using her bed, so she was possessive of it for a while, but she gave up on that pretty quick.

Other purchases that haven't gone the way we would like include;
- Bella's kong toy... I think she only had it in her mouth once, and that was because we put peanut butter inside of it.
- A kiddy pool for the chow bears to cool off in after their walks.. (Bella waded in it once.. Bruin thinks its a giant water bowl) :wall:
- Stuffed toys.. They are really hit and miss with Bella and Bruin. Sometimes they like them, sometimes not. The funniest thing is that we always buy pink for Bella and Blue for Bruin, but when we give them to them, the first thing they do is switch so that Bella has the blue, and Bruin has the pink.. :roll:

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
bubbybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bubbybear »

I have bought lots of toys balls chew toys and others. Not much was liked. Mia plays ball,Tyton watches.I have learned even when they are interested in the store at home is totally different. Tyton likes squishy toys and his plastic water bottle best.