Fred has done it again.............

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Fred has done it again.............

Post by Judy Fox »

............he has cut down the Pampass Grass,
with a little help from Matilda and Maisie.
However, they were thrilled with it all - it is so exciting. When he did it two or three years ago, Milly and Mabel were digusted at him ruining their shady place. Matilda and Maisie have not had the summer yet so they don't know how useful it is.
Maisie did decide to jump up and sit and enjoy a rest with Fred when it was all finished.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: Fred has done it again.............

Post by Victory »

They are looking good Judy. How old are they now. They look like they're going to be a bit bigger than Mabel. How is she doing?
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I love that he does yard work in slacks, a button down shirt, and a tie. :lol: And yes the girls do look like they are growing up.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

They are 6.5 months old now Victory and I think you are right. They are bigger than Mabel now and they are as heavy as she is. They are wonderful company for her though and she supervises them but does not have to join in the rough and tumble.
Fred does not always wear a collar and tie for his gardening! :lol: It was nice here but not nice enough for short sleeves and cotton trousers - soon though.
Mabel is doing fine Victory and she has a sparkle in her eye I did not think would be there again. Matilda was lovely with her when she first came and Mabel loved her and played with her but she quickly grew and wanted far more rough play than Mabel could cope with. When Maisie came it was a God-send as they now play all day and Mabel watches with her sparkly eyes - enjoying watching "the squirts" play but not having to put up with the body-slamming and rough and tumble. They love her though and will go and kiss her and lie by her for a while and also have a mooch round the garden with her. It is wonderful to watch, it fair brings a lump to my throat. I am so glad that Mabel is having some happiness again in the time that is left to her. She has grown old since Milly died.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Even when gardening one must keep up the standards. We all dress to garden in the UK. Just as we dress for dinner too. :wink:

It is lovely to hear stories of the girls and they are growing fast into teenagers now. Mabel is lovely and how lucky it is that the Misses Fox have each other to wrestle and bash and Mabel to teach them the finer points of behaviour for the Fox household. They will be well behaved girl if she has her way. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Judy,

I remember well the last time Fred cut the pampas grass. Poor Milly and Mabel. I am glad that Mabel is taking it in stride now. It sounds like all is well and that Mabel is teaching them to be respectable ladies. It really tears my heart when you said Mabel has grown so old since Milly died. Hopefully the grand dame at the Fox house will continue to age gracefully for many years.

David
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Thank you David for your thoughts of Mabel. It brings a lump to my throat sometimes when I see her but she does seem to be enjoying the company of "The Squirts". :) When they are messing around and being thoroughly mischievous, she looks on at them in dusgust but then she will go for a mooch round the garden with them. They love her though and will wash her face for her and mutter to her in Chownese. But, she has grown old bless her. I too hope she has several years to be "La Grande Dame" here but I have it in my heart there is not too long left - how long this year - next year - I don't know. We just make sure she knows we love her. :)
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Sounds like she is keeping those youngin's in line! Cute pictures Judy!
SweetPea Rocks!!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Looks like Fred is getting all sorts of help there.. hehe
Iam sure mabel is glad to have the "squirts " around.. Iam sure they are probably very intertaining to watch together.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Fred looks so proud of his accomplishment in the second photo! I am glad Matilda and Maisie have each other to exhaust. As for Miss Mabel getting old, I know what you mean. Pip seemed to age quickly over the last year or so. Still, she ambles around and even runs a bit every now and again. Nothing like her heyday, when she loved chasing down the bunnies and standing in the Summer's tall grass, catching grasshoppers. I got a good laugh a couple weeks ago, when some friends stopped because their twin girls insisted Pip looked like a Bear ambling down the driveway! And you know, sometimes she does! Thank you for sharing the cute photos and allowing me to do a bit of old-age rambling myself.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

:) Fred does have a "gentleman farmer" look with the shirt and tie. The "squirts" will help Mabel stay young. I'm sure it was hard for her to lose Milly but perhaps the newest M&M's will give her comfort....good to hear from you again, Judy.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Hi Judy!

I haven't been on for a long time but I just saw your new little ones and man are they dead ringers for my chewie when he was a little pup! They are just so beautiful! I'm sure you've had them for quite some time but congrats on them anyway. They are just lovely!

Mandy
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

We have had them a little while now Mandy. Matilda came to live with us at the end of last November when she was 8 weeks old and when she and Maisie were just 5 months old, I heard from their breeder that she wanted a home for Maisie so she came to live with us and Matilda was thrilled to see her. They do have such fun.
After the pampas grass cutting down, I decided to re-pot all my strawberry plants and that was so exciting. However, planting the tomatoes in the greenhouse was more exciting and every time I planted a plant and put the pot in the greenhouse and turned my back to plant another, Matilda would "unplant" the plant and take it a tour of the garden with the roots hanging out of her mouth!! :lol: The little jigger - but eventually I managed to get them all into their pots and they are surviving. =D=
Not so good for the cucumber - a leaf has been bitten off much to Maisie's delight. \:D/
The centre bit of the plantlet is intact so I think it will be OK.