a funny chow story

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

proten
Rank 0
Rank 0

a funny chow story

Post by proten »

With my familys experience with chows, no doubt about them being the best watchdogs. Here is a funny story about our dogs. When this story happened, i was away in the military. My older brother and his new wife came to visit the folks at their new country home in Oregon. My older brother was out of the household, when the chows took over. At night, our two chows would sleep in the hall way right outside my parents bedroom. Just like their ancestors did staying outside the emperors bedroom chamber. The guest room where my brother and his wife slept were directly right across from my paretns bedroom. The first night my brother got up in the middle of the night to go use the bathroom. When he opened the door to the hallway, he saw two pairs of beddy little eyes in the dark, and with that deep chow rumble that comes from deep inside, scared him to death! He said to himself, I think this can wait till morning. Years later, he told me this story, and I retold it to my mother, and she said, my brother should have said something...she stopped in mid sentence(she realized if my brother made any sound or quick movements, the chows would have torn him to pieces) and then she laughed and said"Thats' my babys doing their jobs!"
Auddymay

Re: a funny chow story

Post by Auddymay »

That's cute. I laugh at my own girl, she cannot help but bark when people in her house make moves she thinks are too fast. She loves picking on my daughter's boyfriend. I think she is mostly all bark though.
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

AuddyMay.....I would take that warning about the boyfriend! Bear absolutely adored my daughters first "real boyfriend" but this new one he didn't like at all and he really turned out to be a jerk! I think Bear was trying to warn us about the new one!
Bear has done the same thing to almost everyone in the house when he was younger. He doesn't do it to much anymore. I think he growled at the kids in the middle of the night more to alert me they were up and about. This was very helpful for me having 4 teenage boys in the house at the time! :D

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

I fully agree with the 1st post.

Winston sleeps in the hallway and plays guard every night. Twice now guests have come out of the front room to a warning deep growl from Winston.

Better still at xmas when I was evicted to the lounge room due to the extended family staying, Winston walked in on me during the night and he even growled at me, he didnt know I was there. Once he worked out it was me he was fine.

Such a good guard dog, :)
RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

That story is not only funny but darn cute. We tried letting the monsters of the night sleep outside our room. For a month. Nat is a lite sleeper though and every noise got the attention of the monsters. That and the fact FenHuang snores louder than a bulldozer at full throttle means they get sent to the basement. Yes we can still here the snores, just muffled. ShenLung has always been the guardian and recently FengHuang has gotten far more chow like at least in the home.
hayleedog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hayleedog »

LOL, too cute

I don 't think I could get hannah to sleep anywhere except where she is now, stretched out full length on the bed. I usually have to forceably move her over when I get in LOL. Then when my alarm clock goes off in the morning she actually growls at me to get up and turn it off, she is too funny.

I think our babies have amazing judgement when not trusting a certain person. My sister has a boxer that pretty much loves everyone he meets, that is except one inlaw, whenever he comes around bandit barks and growls at him the whole time he there, we could never figure out why bandit didn't like this one person. Then a few weeks ago I was over there with hannah and this guy showed up and hannah, who never barks at anyone, growled at him and barked. He reached out to pet her and while she didnt snap at him, she backed away and wouldn't let him touch her. I told my sister there is definitely something up with him that we humans just aren't wise too but the canines sure are.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Lisa_D wrote:AuddyMay.....I would take that warning about the boyfriend! Bear absolutely adored my daughters first "real boyfriend" but this new one he didn't like at all and he really turned out to be a jerk! I think Bear was trying to warn us about the new one!
Bear has done the same thing to almost everyone in the house when he was younger. He doesn't do it to much anymore. I think he growled at the kids in the middle of the night more to alert me they were up and about. This was very helpful for me having 4 teenage boys in the house at the time! :D

LOL! No, it's not Matt, Lily just doesn't like people who move too fast around her. If I am there to tell her not to do it, everything is fine, but Haley lets her get away with it. Payback is the kiss goodbye in the kitchen when Miss Nosey Lily must follow them and make sure Matt and Haley behave themselves...lol.
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

LOL....Isn't it funny how they watch over them like that?

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!