Funny Chow habits

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Funny Chow habits

Post by kingalls »

Nahkohe has a funny habit of pushing his paws under the area rug....does your Chow have a funny or different habit?

Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Funny Chow habits

Post by bellabear27 »

Bella Always sleeps against things, with her back to the couch, a wall, legs, feet, Bruin! whatever she can find to lie against.

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

When Lychee is happy she circles me rubbing her face into my back and tummy all the way around :D Apollo loves being vacuumed on his back and while I give him a little vacuum his back wiggles like a catapillar :shock: :lol:
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Quirky aren't they?? :lol: Kearra leans on a 90 degree angle when she gets pets....move and she falls over. She leaves the family room when my daughter comes in and comes back when she leaves....ONLY when she is sitting on the sofa (took us a while to figure that one out.) She takes wash clothes off the side of the tub and cleans her own face with it. She goes in my closet when she wants to be alone. She sneezes when you tell her to speak :lol: I love every single funny habit she has. When you get used to her habits....lol she changes them

Thanks Sweetpea!
dogbuddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dogbuddy »

bellabear27 wrote:Bella Always sleeps against things, with her back to the couch, a wall, legs, feet, Bruin! whatever she can find to lie against.
My Ricki does this, too! cute and funny ei! :D
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

My Loha smokes about a pack and 1/2 of Marlboro's per day. I have, so far, refused to buy him cigars.

Loha's Dad
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Carter has the tendency to lay on his back and kick me in bed. He also likes to go roll around on the ground outside, whether it be in snow or grass. He likes to talk when he's excited or wants something. He also loves to back his butt up to you so you will scratch underneath his tail curl. The list could go on, but these are the most prominent ones on mind lol.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
deidre
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by deidre »

Hi all

Am loving this thread. Hmm what do my two do, well Kaida is the funniest, whenever we are done watching a tv series every night at 7pm he howls and barks to the tune at the end of the program, we have recorder it and its hilarious, love it when he sings for us and if we "attempt" to howl with he howls even louder and longer, its a whole sing along every night. The second thing he does is every time we return from a walkie he rams himself in to the back of my knees and rubs hes face vigorously against them, we have decided to since this has started rename him, he is now ram pants, not Kaida. lol

As for daddies girl, she has a few sneeky habits, one is to wipe her mouth clean on my furniture after eating, and to dominate and rough house her brother after eating,hehe. She also like to fall asleep in doorways or wherever you end up having to step over her to get where you need to be. And she loves to suddenly change direction or pull you off your feet when walking.

Thats all i can think of now but with chows there is never a dull moment, have come to expect the new craze or faze every now and again from them :)
Buddha4me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Buddha4me »

Buddha sits and watches TV with us. Sits in the same spot, or my spot if he beat me to it and stares at the TV just like we do. He also talks. If we try to ignore him he starts making strange noises, growls or funny sounds until we say the word of what he wants, then he jumps up and wriggles around all excited that we understand Chow-speak. He also will suddenly shove his head right between my husbands knees to get attention, kind of like hello... i'm here... pet me... NOW! Silly Silly Boy :P
Image Bouncing Buddha Bear
phoenixrizing13
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by phoenixrizing13 »

Nanook likes to sleep on the tile by front door, with his snout between the vertical blinds and his nose on the window pane. And I know he's sleeping and not just looking out the window cause he snores like a freight train. :|
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry has a couple:
1. He will ask to go out by looking at me, if I have just sat down or he has just come in I will sometimes try to ignore him or tell him to wait, he steps two paws forward, stares and wags his tail, the longer I ignore him the harder he stares and the more he wags his tail, OH will go to let him out and Henry will move forward, closer to me as if to say - No that One!

2. If Henry decides it is bedtime or I am later than usual, he will come to get me, he will always go to bed when I go, he stops at the bathroom first and look in as if to say, do your stuff and then BED!

3. When we go out, we tell him to be a good boy, and we love you and see you soon, won't be long, he stuffs himself into a gap that is too small for him and look mournfully at us....see the pic! Oh the pic doesn't want to work /:)
Thank you Sweatpea
hayleedog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hayleedog »

Ok, I have one. The other day I'm am at my brothers house with hannah (my chow) and murphy (my pom). Murphy has a back back I carry him in (that he loves).

Well my brother was playing with his granddaughter's toy hamster. He had it on the floor to see what hannah and murphy would do. The thing kept following hannah around as she tried to hide from it, then she went and tried to climb inside murphy's backpack. It was so cute... it was like, "does this bag make my butt look big?" :shock:
Sinniebunnie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Sinniebunnie »

Midnight use to hop like a rabbit when she was excited. She also use to wake my dad up every morning at 7-730am by jumping by his side of the bed and licking him. She cant do these things anymore because she is 15.
Missystone
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Missystone »

Jasmines habit is to cross her front paws when she lays down. I think there is a lady in there trying to get out???

missy
Selethe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Selethe »

When momo sees me in the morning, she will come to me and immediately roll over to ask for a belly rub. When I do that, one of her hind legs will start to tap (like involuntary spasms). :)
The many faces of momo
bubbybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bubbybear »

Tyton has grown to tall for the arm rest beteen my husband and I in the truck. Now he stands in the back with his front feet and chest on it so he doesn't miss any thing on his car rides.
moje45
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by moje45 »

I tought Jax a "secret sit" to help him warm up to strangers quicker. its designed so that anytime someone crosses their arms Jax will see it as an opportunity for a treat. He will run up to people and slam his butt on the groung again and again while giving them a look of "Where is my treat, dammit?! I'm doing the sit thing???" Hilarious...