A First!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

A First!

Post by Auddymay »

The old timers here know that Lily has bad recall. She used to get loose and run me ragged on a regular basis. One thing she will do, however, is wait patiently at the doorway for me to 'hook her up' with the doors wide open to the outdoors. Also as some of you know, my poor girl looks like a skinned cat because she has been fighting some severe skin infections. While in the house, I do not have a harness nor a collar on her.

Today was a beautiful day, and both girls were outside. On Tuesdays, Haley goes and volunteers at a shelter a few miles away, and both of them always ride with us to drop her off and pick her up. There 15 minutes of fun...lol. Today we had to go to the store before hand, and I decided not to bring the girls. Lily did not get the memo. I called her in and unhooked her, then turned to call Pippy in. For the first time in forever, Lily bolted out the door, nekked of any identification or collar. She looks bedraggled, like a stray...OMG. She did not run away, however, but bounced around. I clapped my hands and called her, and bless her, she came right up to me! I picked her up and praised her, then put her in the house. I should have brought her with, but she will get to go for the pick-up later!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: A First!

Post by Sirchow »

What a good girl Lily. I bet she thought she was going with you and when she didn't she bitterly regretted not legging it! :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Exactly! I went in and opened the porch for her and Pip, but she did have a bitter pill to swallow, none the less!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Awww! Bless her. :) That's great! I only wish Tippsy would do that instead of running me raged. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL Don't ya just love it when they do exactly the opposite of what you think their gonna do?? :lol: Reminds me of the time Kearra got out and I opened the car door and said "Kearra want to go for a ride" and she ran and jumped in :shock: Only happened once :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Good job, Lily! Hope she got a treat for being such a good girl \:D/
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Way to go Lily, I love it when they throw a surprise our way!
SweetPea Rocks!!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Good job Lily can you send some vibes to Nikki..