new chow-sitter

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

new chow-sitter

Post by Coco Chow »

The lovely lady who takes Coco for walks when I'm at work is retiring and moving away. I'm really annoyed because Coco liked her very much and the lady was perfect, calm and sweet, it was such a good match...
That lady was the keeper of a building next to mine and her replacement in the building is said to love animals and she would be ok the take the spot apparently.
I'll meet her in a week or so, what cleaver question should I ask, any idea?
I plan to ask
- classic questions like : did you live with animals before?
-and tricky questions like: what would you do if Coco growls at you? if she bites you?
I would like to know if the new girl is patient, I'm not sure how to find out... I think it is the quality I'd want the most for a girl who will take care of Coco. You cannot be rude with Coco or she'll be unhappy with you.

Thanks for any idea you can give me :!:
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: new chow-sitter

Post by Dogdad »

Elodie, I am sure you will handle the questions very well. I would pay attention to how the woman reacts to Coco and how Coco reacts with her.

David
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Poor Coco to loose her nice dog sitter who she even lets kiss her nose. :shock:

I too think you will be fine but you will need to think about the fact that she is to be in your appartment when you are not there so references about her honesty would be useful. Mostly I think that people we instinctively like and trust are the same for our chows. Like Dogsdad says watch her reaction to Coco and if it is genuine and not over sweet, and more importantly Coco's reaction to her.

Good luck I really hope it works out for you both. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Well Coco's reaction to her will probably be to run away :roll: (at first)!

I know the girl's honesty is important reguarding our apartment and I'd get mad to have anything stolen but... I'd be desperate to have Coco traumatized by a bad sitter, that would definitely be worse!
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/