What tricks can your chow do?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

lloe86
Rank 0
Rank 0

What tricks can your chow do?

Post by lloe86 »

Yay! So proud of my chewball. He learned shake (like hand shake, not shake his body lol) it is super adorable. I'll. Try to post a video when I get a chance. So he knows: sit, lay(like most chows lol), bang, and shake. I am just so proud of him. When we adopted him almost a year ago he knew sit and lay. Next is sit pretty. Or the one where he puts his paw over his nose. What tricks does your chow know? Can you show me pictures or video I just love looking at chows! Especially if they doing a trick.( or if they are lazy or with kids but that's another thread lol)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: What tricks can your chow do?

Post by Sirchow »

Bramble is always so desperate to be outside that when you go to open the back door into the garden she either used to jump up and put her feet on it so it slammed shut again or she would try to squeeze out before it was open more than a crack and get her nose shut in the door. She gets so excited it was impossible to get her to keep still so I taught her to keep moving till the door was fully open. So now she makes circuits of my legs in an anti clockwise direction and if I time it properly I can pull the door open just after she has passed it and by the time she is back round again it is open enough for her to get through with no broken noses! I will have to try and film it because she will keep going round till I open the door and the most circuits I have seen her do is eight at which point she looked up at me like "Mum...we seem to have a problem....the doors not opening." :laughloud:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I want to see Sirchow :wink: Sounds way too cute!!!
Kearra can sit, give me five, down, down stay & speak with signs she also fetches, believe it or not :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I wanna see that too Siriol. :lol:

Jasper really only knows basic training at the moment, but we've pretty much got shake and give kisses down too. :lol:
Tippsy shakes, gives hi-fives, waves bye-bye, rolls onto her back when I as if I can see her belly. :lol: And when I ask her if she wants to go out she'll stand up and wag her tail and I'll tell her she has to tell me and she speaks. :lol:

Here's a pic of her waving bye-bye.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
SamandGrizz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SamandGrizz »

Mowgli is only 5 months and he already knows how to sit, shake (each paw when we switch hands), lay, he'll fetch, and roll over! He just learned to roll over. But now if I get a treat out he gets so excited and does the whole combination in a row without me saying anything. I say, "Nooo I didnt tell you to do that!" but he's so darn smart. Although, as smart as he is.. its all for treats! Food is his motivation :wink: HEre is him fetching his tiny tennis ball.
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Oh Oh Lychee can sit, dropp, stay then come, shake paw, high-five and put her paw on the fist a treat is in. Apollo can do pretty much the same plus he rolls over - Lychee refuses to roll over! \:D/ So very proud of my munchkins!
bubbybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bubbybear »

Tyton can sit. stay for 1 second :oops: , shake both paws, lay down, turn around and plays touch withhis nose on your hands. \:D/
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Reminds me of a song I knew as a kid-

I have a dog who's name is Fido
These are the tricks that he can do
He can stand up on his hind legs
If you hold his front legs up!

Pip and Lil both sit, stay, laydown, shake and 'other hand', sit up, and leave it.
hayleedog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hayleedog »

Hannah can mimic a bear skin rug REALLY REALLY well :D
stuffies
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by stuffies »

mojacko, my chow, can shake both paws, stand on hind legs for a long time then jump forward up to 2 times( just on his hind legs), sit, lies down with command, understands the word no and out. :D :D
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Both Shenlung and FengHuang can do paw shakes. ShenLung loves give you 5 down low, repeatedly. FengHuang has recently learned to sit back on her haunches and front paws I the air for her nappy tooth snack. FengHuang has always been able to open the sliding screen/door even on the run - very impressive (assuming not latched). Both can be off leash. Both lie and wait after the doorbell has been rung (this has not been trivial)! ShenLung has learnt that since he isn't allowed past the 4 inch tall bunny gate, he can jump over the 3 foot high and 4 foot deep sofa on a single bound as mom and dad never mentioned he couldn't. He doesn't get on the white sofa as he is not allowed. ROFL