The Chow's love for you is more than you can fathom.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

The Chow's love for you is more than you can fathom.

Post by gebower »

I mean that with all my heart. I left today for an errand and was gone 1 1/2 hours and yet when I got back Zeena acted like I had been gone for a week. She was all over me and didn't stop smothering me for about 20 minutes. Now, that love is more than I see in this world nowadays, most of the time. You give them love and they'll give it back even MORE, lots more, that's just the way they are. I'm just glad they are around, they have enriched my life even when i"m down. They're the best, the very best in my book.

Gene
Gene
SoonLee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: The Chow's love for you is more than you can fathom.

Post by SoonLee »

I agree completely!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

They really do have an amazing capacity to love. Much more than any other creature I've seen.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

Agreed 100%
My chow makes my day, I dont know what I would do without her! True unconditional love!
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I totally agree, when I walk thru that door and that butt is wiggling as fast as the tails going.. and they follow you till you put down your packages.. Its amazing.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Absolutely! Fred tells me that if I pop to the shops and he stays at home, our two watch by the front door and our little Matilda even recognises the sound of our car as I turn into the avenue and she is only 4.5 months old.
Then when I come in the tail wags furiously. Mabel just has slightly worried eyes but they light up and her tail wags when I come in and then they want to see what I have got.
As you have all said - love given is returned 100 fold.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
dizzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dizzy »

1 of my chows the oldiest wags and jumps up goin mad when i get home but the youngest just comes up to me with his ears back he never wags his tail ..
why is this ?" i think it mite because hes with the older dog and he isnt feeling like anyone has left him
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

some chows show very little emotion - they keep it inside. My two girls Milly and Mabel are/were litter sisters - Milly died at the end of last August - and she and Mabel were different. Mabel always wagged her tail and still does. Milly did not wag much and when she did it was like she "rocked her tail" on her back rather than wagged it.
Our new chowling, Matilda wags her tail like fury. She just cannot contain her excitement over anything.
They are different.
Just look in your chows eyes and I bet you will see the affection and happiness in the. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Bramble can do that greeting twenty times a day if thats how many times you come in. If I pop out the door six times in a row to do something in the garden she will leap up each time like she hasn't seen me for a week and her whole bottom rocks from side to side with excitement and pleasure. You can feel the love just flowing out of her. :x
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
lloe86
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lloe86 »

Yes. My Chewy always looks out the window to make sure it is us then waits by the door to the garage where we usually enter and is pretty excited to see us. Plus if we every leave him home with the room mates because we go out of town for a day or so, I guess when they get to bed he runs between the window and the door to the garage waiting for us to get home. Super cute. I just wish he liked to cuddle without having to be pet constantly. The second I stop petting him is the second he runs away. lol. He is still a cutie though. lol.
myboys
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by myboys »

I totally agree with you for sure! My boys each show it differently though.
Butch is "over the moon" about me and papa while Sundance is more subdued yet much more cuddable.
myboys
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by myboys »

When I went home on my lunch break today..they were waiting at the door (guess they heard my car pull in).
We went for a quick walk and then back inside and I got tons of loving. It was delightful. Ahhhhhhh
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Last night I came home from a 3 day business trip...as Nahkohe has done in the past, he waited at the gate every night waiting for me to come home until DH would go get him to come in for the night. When I drove up, he started barking and barking then ran into the house to greet me when I walked through the front door. We're not sure how Nahkohe managed to get the gate open - it probably wasn't engaged properly - but the next thing I know he is bouncing past the gate and knocks me over with paws and purple kisses. He does this look of direct eye to eye contact with me like he's saying - "don't you ever leave me again"!...so all was happy, happy, happy for 5 minutes - then he went outside to bark at the wild ones (rodents) that dared to come into the yard....my boy shows me a lot of love when I get back...Shiloh showed me love too but in a reserved way..
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh