General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Bishop's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Snoring??

Post by Bishop's Mom »

Hello,

Today is my one week anniversary with Bishop and he is 11 weeks old red chow. Is it normal for him to snore?? I mean he sounds like a grown man lol. I have done some research, but I havent came across loud snoring....Thanks for your help

Bishop's Mom
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Snoring??

Post by Tippsy'smom »

It is totally normal for him to snore. :lol: My chowgirl sounds like a grown man snoring too. :lol: It's just become a sound that helps me sleep. My mix boy does this too. :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Bishop's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bishop's Mom »

I think it is soo funny because he is sound asleep and snoring like he has worked at 12 hour shift. Glad its normal too because I was a little worried. Thanks for your reply!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

It is quite funny. :lol: I've been known to giggle at Tip and Jazz when they're sleeping in the livingroom. :lol: You'd swear they had such a rough life. :laughloud:

You're welcome. :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Absolutely....my red girl, Cheyenne, is far worse than any of my ex husbands.,,,,she sounds like train!
And my black boy JR, snores and squeaks.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gebower »

I have a 3 yr. old Chow, Max, who snores. But, my female, Zeena, doesn't. Max also makes a purring sound when I hug him.

Gene.
Gene
Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

Came home with my 7 month old Maggie last year, moved the crate into our bedroom for her to sleep, very next morning moved the crate into the computer room. Thought we had a truck driver sleeping in the room with us. I'm listening to her from the living room right now. Makes me love her even more. Sometimes she wakes up looks at me and she is still snoring.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Milly was 6 weeks old when we brought her home and she snored for England from then. When Mabel joined us at 6 months old, she snored too and still does. Matilda was 8 weeks old when she came home but did not snore much at first but she does now. It is the last thing I hear at night and I love listening to them. Mabel is still snoring when we get up in the morning. Baggage is awake by then!! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Enough with the comparison to a grown man! ;)

Both ShenLung and FengHuang snore. However FengHuang can out snore anything and anyone we've come across, the floor vibrates! She has always been like this, even as a baby. We provide them with immense exercise for healthy heart and lungs, but it doesn't matter, we think she likes to snore...... on purpose. We have nicknamed her "the beast of a thousand sounds!" She has a huge vocabulary compared to her brother, about seven sounds are for snoring. Her snores are like her barks, deafening (but she only barks at blue moons).

Drives Nat nuts, as she is a light sleeper with 3 snore machines in the house!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

that is so funny I normally fall asleep before the chows but last night I couldn't sleep and about a half an hour after bed time, I heard Maxine snore for the first time. She isn't that loud but if was defineatly snoring, after that she was running in her sleep. I should try to stay up and watch her

David
samsonite23
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by samsonite23 »

Awww, happy anniversary!
I love my Chow!! He is my best friend!! I insured Skye with pet insurance and never regret it since!
Onoku
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Onoku »

My chow sounds like someone is starting a lawn mower sometimes. So cute :)