my 3yr old chow chow going to heaven on 27/01/10

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

bailjax
Rank 0
Rank 0

my 3yr old chow chow going to heaven on 27/01/10

Post by bailjax »

My 3year old chow is getting put to sleep next wk my poor baby (AKAKURO FROM ME TO YOU) aka MIKO! has suffered enough and both myself and his vet have agreed there is nothing they can do for him anymore he is just suffering i am so heartbroken , feel like im getting pulled apart inside..miko has taken skin conditions since he was 8 months old then started getting rushed into vets with high temperatures and swelling to his legs when he was about a year old we then discovered he had hip dysplacia and atheritis in his legs ,his stifles wernt develpoed properly hes been on different medication to try help his pain but not working! the pigmentation in his tongue has went its more or less pink now also the pigmentation around his muzzle and nose has started going, he has entropian in both eyes one of which has had surgey he dosnt deserve to suffer like this his life is now about going to the vets rather than the park..his breeder who is an ACCREDITED BREEDER with the KC has done nothing to help me and wont even accept responsability for this she is not a nice lady to deal with at all although she was so nice when receiving my MONEY FOR MIKO i just hope no one has to go through this again and to anyone out there please beware as i personally would never touch AKAKURO kennels with a bardge pole, Breeders should help you with your dogs problems especially since my dog took ill only afew months into his short life all iv ever had is the phone hung up on me by the breeder she is such a cold heartless lady i will never understand why she is in the bussiness at all...well actually i do for the MONEY! as she obviously dosnt care about the animals health or welfare or what she is putting my family through..to my gorgeous boy MIKO i only wish i could do more to help you dont know how i will cope without you but least your pain will be gone love you forever xx
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: my 3yr old chow chow going to heaven on 27/01/10

Post by carolyn dewrance »

this makes me very sad, and so angry that a breeder like this can just ignor the problem, I would really go see a lawyer, and see if you could claim some money back from them for what you have spent on the chow. and also report them to the kennel union,. I do suggest that you ask your vet for a letter stating all the problems he has suffered and I know you may not want to do this but I think an autopsy should be done and a copy of it sent to the breeders, You may need this to fight your claim in court. I know you will win, especially if your vet is prepared to do an autopsy.

Best wishes to you and be strong we all care about your predicament.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm very sorry :cry:
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I am so sorry for your pain and sadness. It is so hard to bear the loss of so young a chow. :cry:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

I'm so sorry to hear that. That is just dreadful. Take care of yourself, and hugs to both of you .
x
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through.. what a nightmare.
Is there anyway you can report the breeder to the KC so that they cannot do this to other chows?
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage
gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gebower »

I went thru this two years ago with Chevy, an 11 yr. old Chow. He had a brain tumor and was having seizures, partially paralyed on the hind legs and the seizures were getting worse. It tore me up to have it done, but he was suffering a lot and frustrated because he couldn't walk right and I couldn't stand that either. It was really rough, to say the least, bawled my eyes out. I got two new Chows now, but will always remember Chevy and love him, I have pictures of him framed and hanging on my wall.

Take care, Gene.
Gene
SoonLee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SoonLee »

My heart goes out for you. I just lost my dog in October. They say what goes around comes around and I pray that the breeder gets hers!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so sorry

Dogdad
Grab
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Grab »

The hip and eye issues aside, which are ailments that a breeder can certainly test for to try and prevent the likelihood of it being passed on, are the pigment loss and fevers/swelling due to some sort of autoimmune issue?
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

I am so sorry. [:D]
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
samsonite23
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by samsonite23 »

Oh my, I am so sorry. Must be heartbreaking....the 27th is going to be a sad day...im sorry
I love my Chow!! He is my best friend!! I insured Skye with pet insurance and never regret it since!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can only imagine how hard this is for you. You should've never had to go through this and neither should your Miko.

I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers your way through out this difficult time.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
ccyang
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ccyang »

so sorry,
althought its something that no one wants/should go through, try to think positive. He's in a better place now...
no more suffering.
mischyf
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mischyf »

I am so sorry to hear that... I had to go through it a few years ago and appreciate every moment I had with mine. They are very special animals.