General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sakura
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: WARNING!! Read this...

Post by Sakura »

Hi Mia,

Thanks for the warning! I'm glad that Chutters was okay.
Rawhide can break their teeth too, as our vet said.

Sakura
JasonandNat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JasonandNat »

Sorry to hear that, those are freaky moments.

Our little FengHuang can put the entire rawhide down her throat, for safe keeping. I mean a foot long!! She then just pulls up enough to chew on, it has freaked us out since she was little, but she seems to like it. She will even run around with her 'stash'! I think she's part Python, she has even had large dog dental chews in her mouth sideways!!! She looks like the most demonic smiling dog that way, it's just weird. ShenLung would never do it, he eats everything into little tiny mushy pieces, immediately.
lightforce18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lightforce18 »

wow thats crazy glad hes ok. I just bought yogi a GIANT raw hide too for christmas. I hope hell be ok with it, after this one no more.
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

It should be ok as long as you keep an eye on him and don't let him have it when you aren't there.
Mia
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

About the rawhide.......A shop worker in the local pet store stopped me from buying Henry his rawhide shoes for crimbo, she told me it wasn`t actually digestable and it that it just stayed in the tummies. She also told me of the $3k bill she had from the vets when her dog ate her next door neighbours dogs rawhide. Not sure how true all this is, I know rawhide isn`t too good for dogs though.

So Henry has some lamb ears and piggy noses for crimbo - Gross.
Thank you Sweatpea