Berkley revisited-Warning

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Berkley revisited-Warning

Post by wallacethegreat »

Many of you might remember when Jeff and I managed to save Berkley from an LA kill shelter last year.
Unfortunately, I found last night that my email adress and home phone number were posted on Google, taken from a post about donations and getting Berkley from Los Angeles to New Mexico. I am stunned that such a thing could be out there when it was taken directly from this group.
Last night, I emailed the administrator of this board and got no reply.
Just so you all know that anything you post here can, and wil,l go on Google with just your email address or screen name. If you don't want personal information online for the world to see, don't post it here.
Laura Mac
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
Auddymay

Re: Berkley revisited-Warning

Post by Auddymay »

What was the search that generated your information?
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

You should update the old thread by deleting the information. You can edit/delete anything you have posted.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I was curious what you posted at site B...I'd delete it for you, but I'm just a dumb aass. But then, since you can actually edit your own post, I guess you are in the same dumb aass boat. We do not miss this crap at all. Oh, and I googled Berkley the Chow- nothing. Then Berkley the chow laura mac- I got your first post on finding Berkley. What did you do, Google your name and phone number???
From the 'other' site
I'm cross-posting to all of you as a warning. I don't visit the other group at all anymore...at least until I found this. I can't beleive it and am VERY pissed off. I can't get the dumb asses to remove it. They ignored me when I sent an email to the admin last night. Let this serve as a warning to all of you, too.

by wallacethegreat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Many of you might remember when Jeff and I managed to save Berkley from an LA kill shelter last year.
Unfortunately, I found last night that my email adress and home phone number were posted on Google, taken from a post about donations and getting Berkley from Los Angeles to New Mexico. I am stunned that such a thing could be out there when it was taken directly from this group.
Last night, I emailed the administrator of this board and got no reply.
Just so you all know that anything you post here can, and will go on Google with just your email address or screen name. If you don't want personal information online for the world to see, don't post it here. (This mean the OTHER Chow group we all left earlier.)
Laura Mac
wallacethegreat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wallacethegreat »

No, AuddyMay. I Googled "Maccallumpr."
Try it yourself and you'll find my email address and my unlisted home phone number on Google in a post I put on THIS group."
Laura Mac
Laura Mac, mama to Fozzie-Bear and to Berkley-Bear and Oliver Wallace, my angel Chows
sugimoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sugimoto »

this is a public forum, we also expect you to act like you would if you were in a public place. “ChowChow.org” is not responsible for messages posted on the “ChowChow.org” forums or the content therein.[excerpts from terms of use]

keywords: public forum
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

I don't post often but I will post to this.

Everything that gets posted on the internet becomes public content. Sorry - that's how it works. It's not this site, nor is it the mod trying to get you. Google stores flash images of everything that is ever posted on the internet. It's how their search engine works. If you don't want your information out there, yell at Google. No one here did anything.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

It seems more a case of if you dont want it out there dont put it out there the internet and this forum are open to all. Also the "Share" button at the top right of the page is just that. Hense the fact that we lost Kiwani. Personally I thought Kiwani was a lot more of an asset to the site than the share button but thats progress for you.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
sugimoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sugimoto »

chatcrap. for the record, the share button is a short cut to link threads from this site. no different than copy and paste. seen a few copy and paste from this site on other dog sites. haven't seen one using the share button.
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

If you don't want your personal information, don't post it on any forum. Use the private message functionality. Anyone and everyone can edit their own post - no moderator or Admin required.
I googled my userid and can find my cc.org posts on the 2nd search page. I found wallacethegreat posts on the 4th search page. One should not be so ignorant in the power of the internet and search engines.
The difference between A and B sites appears to be temperament and civility.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
sugimoto
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sugimoto »

my aunt told me not to get involved. i can't resist... ttt ... goodnight.