Cinder has moved on

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Cinder has moved on

Post by LEO's mum »

So sorry to learn of the sad news. Our thoughts are with you.

Leonora & mum
AlwaysTango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlwaysTango »

Oh Jerilyn,
I’m so sorry. This is the first time I have signed on in a few weeks, and I was so saddened to see your post. I know that you have brought such love and joy into all of your Chow’s lives, and I know that Cinder was so happy and blessed in her life with you! I don’t know what to say to make it easier, I’m struggling with the same thing right now with losing Zilla. I hope that Cinder and Zilla can meet up and run and play, pain free, in Heaven together. You gave her the hardest, and most loving gift you could give at the end and she knows it. Please accept my deepest sympathies!
Tracey
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I am so sorry to hear about Cinder. My thoughts are with you.
SweetPea Rocks!!
anita
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by anita »

I am so sorry and sad for your loss. Your words of love for Cinder are beautiful and made me cry. I can see that Cinder was a great blessing to you. May God be with you and comfort you.
Where's my chow chow?
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Thanks to everyone for your sympathies,blessings and concerns. It really does help to hear from those who understand.

It has been long enough now that I no longer cry at the drop of a hat and am starting to remember the joy she brought to me more frequently than anguishing over her loss. I think it helped that I knew it was coming, that she was living on borrowed time at the end, but maybe I just want to think that.

I miss most the greeting when I came home from work each day. She was often waiting at the back door for me to come in and if she wasn't and she heard me come in, she hurried back to greet me. I think she felt as much joy seeing me as I did seeing her. Teddy, on the other hand, as the laziest chow on the planet, seldom wakes up when I return. He continues to snore in his dog bed or on the area rug until I wake him up. A burglar could make off with everything in house as long as he didn't enter the kitchen and make noise by moving dishes around these days.

I am now, once again, trying to teach Teddy to go for walks. He is not thrilled and prefers to lie down when we get more than a couple of houses away. (Again, lazy boy). And I remember how much Cinder loved her walks. Once I picked up her leash, she had springs on her feet, jumping and talking about what was to come. It was hard to get her to sit still long enough to get her hooked up to go. And the walk was all about the smells, as she walked nose to the ground reading all the notes the other creatures had left behind for her. Teddy walks with his head held high and shows no interest in his surroundings. (I know he can't see anything but he doesn't snifff the ground either).

Don't get me wrong, I love Teddy with all my heart. He is a very sweet, happy boy. He is, however, not Cinder. Cinder was the busiest chow I ever knew. I was the doorwoman here, my job being to let Cinder out into the yard immediately after she came in and checked on whatever humans were inside, and she checked on us often. In and out, all day long, until after dinner, then she would sack out for the night. She would just stare at me, at first. But if I didn't get up right away and do her bidding she would huff and puff and eventually bark. And there was the click of her nails on the hardwood. I can't get over how quiet it is now. The only sound that of a chow snore.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Cinder sounded like Lily when I pick up the leash! She can barely contain herself, either. I also understand what you mean about Teddy. I still smile at your demonstration of how to move Teddy out of your way...lol. When you have healed, and the time is right, I know you will open your heart and home to another Chow girl. For now, it is good to remember all the good and even sometimes naughty things about Cinder.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I know Cinder will live forever in your heart...they always do.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!