General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Please Help Save TLC Chow Rescue

Post by Larry Harris »

Hello Everyone,

Been a bit since we have been able to stop by and say hello to our many friends. Been busy trying to convince the Township that we should be able to run a rescue business from our home. We are blessed that we have been able to have all of our rescues underfoot and rehabilitate them prior to going to their new home. We are "No Kill" they stay with us until they are ready to move on.

Our township has a four pet limit and we of course want to help as many Chows as we can, so...

If you are near Holland Michigan please come to the Planning Commission meeting at 7pm on November 3rd, 2009. It is at the Holland Charter Township Offices at 353 North 120th Ave. Holland. If you are to far away and we know most of you are then please write a letter to the Planning Commission in support of TLC Chow Rescue being able to have a home rescue business and more then four pets.

If you could write letter, it would be sent to:

Holland Charter Township Planning Commission
353 North 120th Ave.
Holland, MI 49424

Direct donations can be sent to:
TLC Chow Rescue
2459 Ashbourne Dr.
Holland, MI. 49424

Electronic donations can be sent to: http://www.tlcchowrescue.com/

Thank you so much,

Larry and Terrina Harris
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Please Help Save TLC Chow Rescue

Post by CoraP. »

Larry and Terrina,
I'm just reading this at almost 10:00...my bedtime, but tomorrow I will write a letter and send it off as soon as possible. I hope you will be able to continue with your rescue. You have done such good for so many chows. They need you. My best wishes to you both and the chows.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Larry,
Will letters from outside of the area help? I hope that people like Dogdad can sent letters to help your cause. If a letter from outside your area helps, I will be glad to do that for you. Let me know.
It just doesn't see right that a rescue is limited to 4 pets.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Letters from all of our friends will help. We hope to show the commission how important home based rescues are. We need to convince them it is a business. Eight now we we are allowed four and we want to increase that number. There are just so many that need help.

Larry
chris

Post by chris »

I will write a letter as well. :-) Is it a matter of getting permit to run the rescue out of your home? So you have 8, your township limit is 4. How many are you looking to boost your limit to?
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

We have two at one location, three at a friends kennel and our four own pets here at home. We want to be able to have all of them in one place our home. We are asking the commission for 8 to be allowed in the home business.

Larry
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Larry,

I will write one as soon as I get home, You may want to contact your adoptors directly so that they can help write letters too. Are you neighbors ok with adding more dogs? I would think if you can get letters from them, it may quiet the boards reservations.

Can you give us more specifics on what should be included in the letter so that our letters will be more effective

David
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

David,

Yep our neighbors have given us letters and many of our adopters will be there ;-) Wish us luck everyone!

Larry
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

That will help, I am just about done with the letter and awaiting approval from the boss ( Terrina ) Maxine says hi. I will have to call you guys so Terrina can talk to Maxine. Seems like the bed zoomies are increasing, perhaps Terrina can talk some sense into her. We tried, but Maxine just looks at us, wags her tail and has another zoomie.

David
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

the letter is in the mail O:)