dont know what you think chow x corgi

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

dont know what you think chow x corgi

Post by lola chow »

personally i think this is not write breeding chows and corgis together take a look :?
http://www.epupz.co.uk/clas/viewdetails.asp?view=287171
Auddymay

Re: dont know what you think chow x corgi

Post by Auddymay »

They make a lot of false statements in the ad, and I personally find designer breeds distasteful.
Mika&Suki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mika&Suki »

I don't know where they get off charging so much for a cross breed dog!!!! It's shocking!!
Mika & Suki owned by Nicki
Thank you Siriol x
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

i know accidents do happen but to do it on purpose is wrong x
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

I wonder what the Chowgis will look like when they grow up?
More like this?

or more like that??
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: they are soooooooooo funny x
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Elodie,

Does Coco know what you are doing with her pictures????
She would be mortified!
Mia
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

first there is no such thing as chowgis (or whatever they are being called) second neither breed is "rare". and third that is an outrageous price for a mix breed and that's what these are. I also don't think it's good policy for two breeds with such different skeletal conformations to be bred especially when one of the breed has awful elbows and knees, (chows).

I'm hoping this was an accidental breeding that the person is trying to make a buck, (or pound) from and not a attempt to create a designer dog...this is the wrong way to go about it.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Mika&Suki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mika&Suki »

Elodie, those pictures are brilliant!!! =D= :D
Mika & Suki owned by Nicki
Thank you Siriol x
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I know I shouldn't laugh and I do find the deliberate breeding of one breed with another bewildering. Why? But it made me laugh because hubby calls Bramble a giant Corgi when he is annoyed with her...."Get you a-- in here you giant Corgi..." etc. :lol:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That second photo looked like a Chowpig! It bothers me that they say 'first litter ever', then go on to tell you how they will eventually look and act. Anyone with even the most basic genetics knowledge (me) knows that gen1 crosses are unstable and unprdictable as to how the genes will be expressed. It takes many, many crossings and eliminations to get stable results, and even then, you will get reverted results every so often. Appalling.
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

I only get a chance to read through the post every once in a while, but this topic caught my attention. This is what an adult chorgi (chow x corgi) looks like:

This is of course a guess, but after adding a ton of research on corgis to my knowledge of chows, I am fairly to almost positive that Fiona is at least a high mix of the two. And sometimes, all they cost is the price of heartworm treatment.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Chow-tastic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chow-tastic »

Coco Chow wrote:I wonder what the Chowgis will look like when they grow up?
More like this?

or more like that??

Hahahahahahaha those pictures were amazing! :D

I don't know if anyone else has had a look at the site where Lola Chow found the advert for the corgi chows...but they are also advertising a chow puppy which looks like a german shephard. I can't believe websites/ companies allow people to basically lie. I have reported the advert as I was so annoyed that someone could be offering the sale of a german shephard wannabe chow and asking for £500!!!!!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

It's just wrong!
Corgies should be beautiful corgies and chows should be beautiful chows.
If the mix happened by accident, it happens all the time, but I don't think one should start breeding them per se.
Mia
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Mmm! I don't think I agree with deliberate messing about with breeds. Pembroke Corgis are jolly little creatures - we had them when I was a child in Wales but I think they are just right as they are and chows are just right as they are.

(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
sue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sue »

when i had my second chow called tess and a welsh corgi called vanti that lived together for 13 years.they use to go for there routine vet appointments and my vet always use to say to me you its a good job there both female because if one was male and you breed them it would be a disaster both for medical reasons and temperament.
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

The price is exstorsionate its a cross breed after all, and i am unimpressed and i also agree with the last post in regards to health and temperament but more so health it shows no thought other than the ££££ to be made has gone into it, and nowadays theres a mismate injection that can be adminstered if it was an unfortunate accident, but this was planned carefully..NOT!!! :evil:
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

i have just looked at this add again and now they are selling a black chow bitch i wonder if its the mum x
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh dear - cranky owner - or what!! :shock:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
lola chow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lola chow »

i think its bad if they where just doing it for the money then they are getting rid of her its soooo sad people get away with it :(
rougedriner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rougedriner »

I think its just wrong =;
Karabou
Rank 0
Rank 0

My chow x corgi

Post by Karabou »

I have a 15 week old chow chow corgi mix named Bear. He has a wonderful temperament and LOVES kids, people and other dogs. He was an 'oopsie' litter from my moms corgi and I just fell in love. I can't believe how smart he is! He already knows sit, down, speak and stay. I do, however, worry about potential health risks in the future. Any tips?
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

I guess you'll have to worry about two sets of breedspecific potential health problems. I don't think the chow corgi combo carries yet another set of specific health problems. What health issues are associated with the corgi? I can't say that I know! Their backs, I guess!
sue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sue »

Corgi's like chows can suffer from leg problems.I would just see how it goes Years ago when i had a female chow & a female welsh corgi my vet would say not a good mix health wise if one was male & they had a litter.I would suggest you take out insurance that cover's as many health issue's as possible then your covered if any problems occur.
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

My friend is into corgis and we joke all the time how we could breed them together and make chorgis...but we ARE kidding, both very against designer breeds. I swear my eyes roll back so far in my head when I hear someone tell me they have a pomsky or a cockapoo or any of the designer named dogs out there...it's a gimmick for more money and has nothing to do with the well being or health of the dogs, making it immoral imo.