It's been a while...but....very exciting news!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

It's been a while...but....very exciting news!

Post by fings1 »

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've been around but with good reason. Back in March 2008 I posted about Bo's rescue story....Mom Gets Mad At Dad and Rescue Dog Goes Home. At the time we were working on getting Bo's (woof!)memoir published...it finally happened! I got so many nice comments (much appreciated) from you guys when I put the story up I wanted to fill you in. In July 2008 Bo put paw to paper with Kensington Books and TODAY Bo's book BAD TO THE BONE: Memoir Of A Rebel Doggie Blogger is out. It's the 1st memoir written by a dog to ever be published in non-fiction. You can buy online http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=s ... er&x=0&y=0 or in your local bookstore.

Let's get this clear right away: I'm a dog.

I'm 1'10" and weigh 63 lbs, and although I'm a mutt on the outside, I'm a purebred on the inside. My good nature comes from the Golden Retriever side of the family, while my stubbornness is clearly from my Chowchow bloodlines. I've got Rastafarian ears, a black tongue for licking, and paws that should be on a dog twice my size.

I type 60 words a minute.

Join Bo, an incorrigible canine as he welcomes us into his life, complete with wacky 'parents', a constipated feline housemate, and chipmunk warfare.

Are you dog enough to watch....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAuql2Gps0
kingalls

Re: It's been a while...but....very exciting news!

Post by kingalls »

=D= =D= Congratulations!! Just ordered my copy through the link you posted!
Great to hear from you again!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Thanks guys, I hope you enjoy it.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I am definitely going to order this. Congratulations and I hope it makes the best seller list. =D= Could this be the next "Marley"? :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I wasn't on the boards back then so I am not familiar with Bo but Iam in desperate need of a laugh and soon. (hope delivery is quick) .. Good luck with the book. I'll let you know if I have a laugh or 2.. LOL..
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Oh how wonderful! My beau Bo is published! Mum said you left cuz I was stalking you. I was afeared you went to the happy hunting ground. (You haven't, have you?) Mum said you still had to leave your mark, and if that is so, I would be happy to take a sniff! This last year, my health has been a little slippery, but I can still appreciate a fine chowtlman, even if I have to squint to see him.
Your Adoring fan, Pippy

If anyone would like to read of Bo's beginning with his family, check this post. http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... 28#p117228
fings1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fings1 »

Hi Pippy...NO, I didn't leave because you were stalking me, at my age if anyone still wants me who cares if they're a stalker. When the publisher bought the book I had to add more stories, so writing became a pretty full-time job which didn't leave room for my else. The folks withheld my treats if I didn't produce 500 words a day.

This journey has taken nearly 3 years ( or 21 to some of us), it's been a long road to get to where we are. I just hope that my book brings as much laughter and joy to other doggie parents as it did to my mom when I gave her the original version for x-mas back in 2006. Speaking of x-mas, wouldn't BAD TO THE BONE be a good gift to find in your doggie stocking, or to put into another pups? I think so, bol.

Sorry to hear you've had a few health issues,but glad overall you're doing well. It's great hearing from you.

Woof!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Oh Bo! You make an old girl blush! Mum says we will be adding your prose to our library, but something about checks and bouncing, and waiting for some dude named MARVIN to cough up a check before we can. By the by, romance is alot like Survivor at my age, outlast, outplay, outsmart. I loved your bad to the bone tube thingy...I am nearly perfect, but I do so love picking things out of the trash. I see we have that in common...though I only pick out a few things. You need a brother or sister to take the suspicion off of you, like I have. That silly Lily is at least good for that!