Coco & the Malinois

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Coco & the Malinois

Post by Coco Chow »

Yesterday at the park, a Malinois went to see Coco when they were both off leash.
Coco was not happy about it as she is shy with big dogs and the Malinois was way bigger than her.
malinois.jpg
malinois.jpg (68.69 KiB) Viewed 3861 times
Coco started to walk away, and the other dog run after her and tried to put his paw on her back, so she started to really run away. The other one run too, and obviously faster, and he grabbed Coco with his front legs and put her underneath him and was acting like he wanted to make her puppies quite agressively. Of course Coco had her tail down and looked like she was about to have a heart attack. And so did I :shock: .
My BF managed to take the Malinois off Coco, while his owner was lazily walking towards us saying "he's not mean" :roll: !

Coco has been spayed a long time ago, so any idea about what happened?
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Auddymay

Re: Coco & the Malinois

Post by Auddymay »

Some males are notorious humpers. Coco sounds just like Lily. Run from the dogs that are too 'friendly'. There are observances that must be addressed, protocol! I bet Coco would like a big dog IF he acted like a fine gentleman...
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

My daughters dog was neutered at a very young age (under 2 months not by her either) anyway we didn't think he would even know what to do if he had the chance.. Wrong he tried numerous times with Nikki when she was just 12 wks old.. go figure..
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Oh, I bet Coco did not like that!
Mia would be just the same - she hates aggresive suitors. She also puts her tail down and looks miserable.
Many dogs do that even though they are neutered. Sometimes it is an alpha thing too. They will do it with males too.
Mia
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

When an Alpha wolf returns to the pack they put one or two paws over the top of inferior wolves with no aggression just to show they can and probably to check out if the lesser wolves are still accepting them as Alpha. Humping and that sort of behaviour is not always *Censored Word* sometimes it is just a way of dominating to see if the other dog is lower on the social scale and because they can! If Coco had turned round and told him in Chownese to get off in no uncertain terms chances are he would have.

Poor Coco I bet she was scared. That is one big dog :(
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Sirchow wrote: If Coco had turned round and told him in Chownese to get off in no uncertain terms chances are he would have.
I know!
I am probably the only one on here who wishes her chow would be just a little bit more agressive with the other dogs.... Coco is the sweetest and when she doesn't like the other dog's behavior, she always runs away. She has never, ever, growled or shown teeth to any annoying dog, even the tiniest one. I would be so proud if she would... I sometimes want to tell her why do you run away from that chihuahua, you just have to growl a little, you have a huge deep growl, it would back off right away! :roll:
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Poor Coco - that dog and the owner were certainly not gentlemen. :shock:
Poor little girl - that big dog needed your boy friend's boot right up his backside - damage his tackle! :evil:
I am so mad!! :twisted:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

You know, you are right. The man should have pulled his dog off. Not goo manners.
And, Elodie, I know exactly what you feel - Chutters has never growled and doesn't even hardly bark. He's the softest creature I have ever known. He won't stand up for himself either. He has had dogs at the dog park try to do that to him - and he just sits there, LOL!!
Mia
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

[:D] Hugs to sweet Coco...the Malinois was testing the dominance factor. Hope Coco is okay now. The owner should have been a bit quicker to get his dog off of Coco.
Sometimes Nahkohe will rest his muzzle over Shiloh's back. IMO I think Shiloh is thinking "whatever" because she out-smarts him on just about everything.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Schmooshie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Schmooshie »

Ohhh! Poor Coco! Give her a big hug for me please and a squishy face rub! Is she okay now?
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Yes, thank you she's ok now...
I knew right away looking at that dog walking towards Coco that he was up to no good...
I guess that won't help Coco feeling more comfortable around large dogs too :? .
Elodie
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Oh, poor Coco. She just doesn't like dogs bigger than her and this one was not observing the proper protocol in dealing with the Parisian Chow Princess either. Bad dog, bad owner for letting him do that!

I'm sure it was a dominance thing. Teddy is neutered and yet at woof fest tried to hump a male or two. I didn't allow that, however, and pulled him off immediately. And that is what this dogs owner should have done!

Give Coco a hug from me and tell her she just needs to learn to assert herself.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868