Chow Chow Spider

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chow Chow Spider

Post by summer_rose03 »

I found this online while I was searching for Halloween costumes for my dogs.

These are pretty funny too!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dog% ... llfile.jpg
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Luna's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Chow Chow Spider

Post by Luna's Mom »

We have those out here in the desert. That's a CHOWRANTULA !
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

:shock: CHOWRANTULA ! :shock:
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

I have finally decided what my boys will be for Halloween. I always take my dogs to the Howl-o-ween Party at PetSmart every year. I try to have costumes that not everyone else would have. Most of you have probably seen Frisco's past costumes. He has been Eeyore, a black, Army Dog, Adult Simba, and a pumpkin.

This is my second Howl-o-Ween without Frisco. Last year we had Cash, who was dressed as Johnny Cash. This will be Carter's first party (as we adopted him right after last year's party). So, I was trying to think of a good pair of costumes for the boys this year.

And the winners were..... Winnie the Pooh and Piglet too! Carter is already a good color for Pooh, so I am just going to get him a read shirt and use felt or something to put the name Pooh on it. I was also going to use an empty peanut butter jar with fabric on it as his huny jar. Cash (my little piglet, middle name is Wilbur for a reason lol), will of course be Piglet. His will be more involved as I can't find a dog Piglet costume anywhere online. I may just order the doggy pig costume and modify that, which may be easier. Carter's will be easiest, but I think it will be the cuter of the too!

I will post pictures as soon as I get them done and tried on, but it may be awhile as the party is still a month and a half away! But, I'm so excited, I had to share!
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!
Mika&Suki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mika&Suki »

Brilliant pics! I love the chowrantula!! =D=

Can't wait to see your howl-o-ween constumes either!!
Mika & Suki owned by Nicki
Thank you Siriol x
Stefanie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stefanie »

OMG! I just about peed my pants!! The pictures are hillarious!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Thank you Sweetpea!
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

Adding my favorites: :D

chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Okay heres our shar pei/pug dog Brady can you tell she loved being a bee.
IMG_0267.JPG
rufnedge-2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rufnedge-2 »

I do not mean to bring anybody down, those are really cute but I hope people consider the outside temperatures before dressing their chows in a second suit. They already wear 1 suit everyday which is their fur. Adding a constume has to make them hot. The humane association in my state insists on having their "walk event" each year at 11 am - 1 pm and it's usually theme oriented where people can bring pets in constumes for prizes. Can't stand that.
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Here is Loha's Mom preparing him to go out trick or treating as Jason from the "Halloween" movies for his first Halloween in 2007. Enjoy!!!
halloween 028.JPG
halloween 028.JPG (106.13 KiB) Viewed 7459 times
Luna's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Luna's Mom »

COSTUME - NO NEED - I AM CHOW CHOW AND sooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I lived in Galveston, Tx for a while. They have Mardi Gras there, too. I had a blind friend who always wanted to go to the parades, but didn't want to have to be in the thick crowds (for obvious reasons). There is a bar called the Poop Deck that many of the parades go past on SeaWall Blvd. Every float tries to throw beads all the way to the top deck. Few beads make it. So my friend and I would safely stand under the upper deck at street-level. Beads rained down on us from the missed throws and catches above. We would always take our dogs; her's was a peak-trained Australian Sheppard - mine a peak-trained Chow. Well we, the masters, caught a ton of loot, but everyone that passed those dogs on the lower-level sidewalk took off some of their beads from their necks and placed them on the dogs' necks. This is true. Both dogs sensed a time of laughter and behavior and fun-having. Never ever had a problem - but, of course, both dogs were very well trained, and never off leashes.

Luna's Mom
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

Here are some pictures of the boys in their costumes. They are just cell phone pics I took when I first made them. I will get better pictures later.
Carter in his Pooh Bear shirt
Carter in his Pooh Bear shirt
carter pooh.jpg (20.77 KiB) Viewed 7347 times
Cash as Piglet
Cash as Piglet
cash piglet.jpg (24.48 KiB) Viewed 7344 times
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!